Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Easter Wishes for Sweet Sketch Wednesday #145

The ladies at Sweet Sketch Wednesday have a day for daisies as their sponsor for this sketch #145. I have several of their delightful digital images, so I chose their lambs playing image for this Easter card.

Here's the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday that I used:


I used the sentiment and Color Story#23 suggested by Perfect Sentiments Challenge





Using this image on an Easter card evoked many different thoughts while I was making it. Baby animals usually signify new life and springtime. When I give Easter cards to friends and relatives, I usually have a Christian message, so in this card I'm writing a message about Jesus being the perfect "Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world." John 1:29

When I was a girl I memorized Isaiah 53:6: "All we like sheep have gone astray. We have turned every one to his own way, and the Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all." There are so many references to us being like sheep and Christ being a Lamb or Shepherd. He was human like us, the Lamb, but sinless, so He could take our place in His death, so we wouldn't have to pay for our own sins. Also, I used to quote Psalm 23 to my mom when she was sick in the hospital, which starts with "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. . ." We both loved the reference to Him leading, protecting, and providing for us.

There's one more thought that I connect with those verses and this lovely image. The lambs are all bunched up together, touching, playing. It reminds me of my friends and the close bonds we share. I want them all to know that I love them dearly and so does the Lord.

5" x 6.5" Card Recipe:
Paper - Close To My Heart "Sweetheart," "Topstitch"
Digital Stamp - adayfordaisies.com
Sentiment stamp - CTMH "Springtime"
Ink - CTMH Twilight
Other - CTMH  Pearl Opaques, retired flowers, Sweet Leaf and Cotton Candy markers; Copic Blue00; Spellbinder's Nestabilities Scalloped Circle; satin ribbon

13 comments:

Jennipher said...

Those lambs are absolutely sweet! Great take on the challenge and the sketch. Thanks for sharing at The Perfect Sentiment.

Patti P. said...

The beauty of your card is only outshone by your wonderful post. I too remember those verses and the comfort they give. Your friends are very lucky to have you in their lives and I am lucky that I got to share in this wonderful creation.
Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
Patti SSW/DT

Margaret said...

What an adorable image. Great job on the challenge and sketch. Thanks for playing along with Perfect Sentiments.

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh I love the ADFD Easter Lambs. That is the sweetest Easter card. I love your soft colors and sweet papers. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@SSW!!!

mulberry station said...

Such a perfect Easter Card. It just makes me feel good all over. I love your color scheme and beautiful papers. Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Jessica Pascarella said...

What a cute image! Love the colors you used! Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment!

Jeannie said...

This is just the perfect Easter card - soooo pretty!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

krcmasterpiece said...

What a nice way to express your Easter wishes! Great Job. Thanks for playing with us @ the Perfect Sentiment.

Samantha said...

beautiful card, thanks for playing along with the Perfect Sentiment.

sweetbloominscraps said...

Lovely Easter card! I have always love Psalm 23. Your card couldn't be more perfect for the ocassion! Thanks for sharing!
Judi SSW DT

Sassy said...

Sweet card! Love the little lambs and the paper is gorgeous. Nice bow, too! Thanks for playing along with Perfect Sentiments.

Tabitha said...

super sweet card.

Anonymous said...

what an adorable card love it. thanks for joining the perfect sentiment.