Monday, March 5, 2012

Freshly Made Sketch #24 with Butterflies

Last week I cut a piece of Basic Grey Curio paper into sections. One of them was this collection of butterflies. Freshly Made Sketch #24 was perfect for displaying this collection. Living in the country with a wide variety of flowers made me passionate about butterflies. I would take caterpillars to school with their food source and let the kids study their life cycle, then release them outdoors. Here's the sketch I used today.



This is also my card for Flutter By Wednesday's Challenge #192 and Ribbon Carousel's Challenge #42, both are "Anything Goes."


 I chose Close To My Heart Stella paper for the background and middle band. It's reversible, so I used the same sheet for both patterns. I thought the background paper gave the card a CAS (Clean and Simple) appearance and looked like the pattern of scales on a butterfly's wings.

I stamped the words in a border on each side using a CTMH set called Classmate Alphabet that has tiny words for each letter. Now, if the weather will continue to warm up here, we'll have more flowers than my snowdrops and with the flowers come the butterflies!

3 comments:

Jen Timko said...

This is simply stunning! What a beautiful section of DSP! Truly the perfect sketch for it. Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rita W said...

Stunning butterflies! I love when beautiful paper can serve as the focal image for a card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lesley said...

Such a stunning card! I love those beautiful butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.