Friday, March 30, 2012

Freshly Made Sketch with Butterflies and Basic Grey

Ever since I read on the blog "Send A Smile 4 Kids" about the need for cards for a children's hospital in Iowa, I've started making more for kids. There current challenge is to use things with wings for kids. I saw that they need Mother's Day cards by April 30 for the kids to give to their moms. So this Basic Grey challenge #65 to make Mother's Day cards using Basic Grey was perfect. This sketch from Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #28  is also perfect for so many possibilities. I'm sure I'll use it multiple times. I love making Mother's Day cards even though my mom is home with Jesus now, so I enjoy finding others I can give one to and I remember good things about my own mom while I make it. I hope some of you can send cards in this way, too. May God richly bless you!



4.25" x 5.5" Card Recipe:
Paper - Basic Grey: Indie Bloom; CTMH Blush, Hollyhock, White Daisy cardstock, scrap of black cs?
Stamps - CTMH all retired - Dream Big, A Little of Everything (sentiments), Butterflies and Celebrate Life (two different Monarch butterflies)
Inks - CTMH Black, retired Watermelon, Goldrush dabbed on wings
Other - Sizzix embossing folder, ribbon from Michaels

8 comments:

Rachel Moore said...

wow love your card Vickie very nice

Jen Timko said...

Oh how pretty! I love the butterflies and the pop of pink from the ribbon is great. Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a lovely Mother's Day card. Your DSP is really pretty and your coloured butterflies are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Christy Beans said...

Pretty! Love the colors - the pastels together with that strong pink ribbon and the darker floral background and the white just sets off those butterflies perfectly! =) Thanks for joining us for the Things with Wings challenge at SAS4K! ~Christy

Rita W said...

Great combination of elements on this one. I really like the butterflies and the texture on their background piece. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Karen Hasheck said...

Thank you so much for making this Mother's Day card for one of our kids inpatient in a children's hospital on Mother's Day and also for entering it in our Things with Wings challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids! That lucky child will be so proud to give such a lovely card to his or her Mom or Grandma! Our new challenge starting this weekend is just that- Mother's Day or Father's Day cards FROM our kids, so come back again!

happyglitzygirl said...

Absolutely gorgeous, I love butterflies, thanks for playing with us at SAS4Kids, blessings Hilde

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Your card is beautiful and the butterflies are stunning! That is so sweet that you send your cards in, I know there are some very lucky kids out there to receive them. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SAS 4 Kids for our "Things with Wings" Challenge :)