Thursday, March 1, 2012

Jingle Stickers for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown

Both the Jingle Belles Challenge and the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week requested the use of Stickers or Rub-ons. I was sick all day and couldn't do much searching, but I can't stand to go an entire day without making something. So simple Christmas it is.

Every year when Close To My Heart comes out with new Christmas stickers I use them all on scrapbook layouts, but I did manage to find a sheet of Level 1 Stickers I'd never used. Most of them seemed better for scrapbooking, but I managed to find a wonderful sentiment and a small border strip that matched some of the Jingle paper that I have in abundance.



My favorite thing to do with stickers in scrapbooking is to pop dot them for more dimension. I also like to add something, so in this case I added some Pearl white Lumiere dots for both dimension and shine. I added them where there were already circles in the design. I also cut a second set of red and white gifts and bows from a second piece of the paper and pop dotted them over their matching set in the background paper. I never cared much for that paper because it was too busy for my tastes, but by using a 4.5" square of it and adding dimension, even the red bow on top of the background bow, it gives the paper more interest.  Thank you ladies for the challenge to use stickers. (Now I need to find the rest of mine when I get better!)

5 comments:

Mynn xx said...

This is FABULOUS, Vickie!!! LOVE the sentiment--and the colors are amazing! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Jacqueline said...

I love the retro feel to your card Vicky, your stickers are lovely - thanks for joining in with us this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

SmilynStef said...

Love the dimension & ribbon ... so glad you joined our sticker-fun at jingle belles

lauren bergold said...

well, i am so sorry to hear you've been ill... but clearly your xmas-card-makin' mojo is not at all affected by this, since you've managed to produce a SIMPLY AWESOME and totally festive holiday card!!! LOVE that you've embellished some older "bits and bobs" and made them look so wonderfully fresh and cool! well done! (& get well soon!) <3

Lisa said...

your sentiment sticker is so perfect for this card and I love the raised presents. Great job!