Friday, March 2, 2012

Shabby Paris Card

The Shabby Tea Room Challenge #103 uses this inspiration photo and the colors navy, neutrals, and a distressed item. I also used this photo for the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge: Inspired by a Photo (of our own choosing.

I used the following photo elements to make my card: thread (symbolized by fashion in my card), Paris (Tour d'Eiffel), canceled mail symbol, navy gingham, peeling white paint, and shutters.


My distressed item is the paper which I scissor distressed on the edges then inked with a sponge. The middle paper has a man and woman dressed to go out on the town so I chose the word "together" so that I can give this to my oldest daughter and son-in-law on an anniversary because they had a wonderful whirlwind trip to Paris when she spoke at a conference. (That word is stamped on a white piece of chipboard that had a clear embossed design of dots on the edge. I rubbed an inked sponge over it revealing the design.) Yet, they're both very midwestern, down-to-earth so the gingham and the burlap texture of the smaller print is appropriate. The corrugated star was painted white like the chair and its horizontal lines represent the lines of the shutters. This was a fun card to assemble so I really appreciate the photo inspiration for a challenge. Thank you ladies.

5" x 6.5" card recipe:
Paper - Graphic45 "Fashionista"
Stamp - CTMH Bliss
Ink - CTMH Cocoa, Desert Sand
Other - Paper Studio Stick-a-biliies; K&Co Life's Journey (button); Papertrey Ink (twine); KaiserCraft Lace; Close to my Heart "Milepost Shapes"(star), Opaque Pearl Adhesive Gem; gingham fabric; Free Vintage Digital Stamps (French burlap)

6 comments:

Patti P. said...

Vickie, this is gorgeous...love the lo of all of your beautiful elements and what a beautiful interpretation of the photo. So glad you had time to join in our challenge this week at Sugar Creek Hollow. Come back tomorrow for a new one and lots of news.
Patti SCH/DT

Mickey's Craft World said...

JUST LOVE YOUR CARD....YOU DID A GREAT JOB WITH THE CHALLENGE!!

GOOD LUCK
MICKEY

Dawn said...

such a beautiful card, stunning. x

The Wired Angel said...

This is truly gorgeous and so creative. I love your card and your photo inspiration.. thanks for join us at Sugar Creek Hollow. We have a new challenge today and I hope you will check it out.

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card! Love the cardboard star! Nice touch!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this website.
I really hope to check out the same high-grade blog posts from you
later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has motivated me
to get my own website now ;)

Also visit my web-site :: venetian blinds Cape Town