Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sweet Friendship for The Shabby Tea Room

This week The Shabby Tea Room Challenge #104, Sweet Confections, provided this inspiration photo and challenged us to use pink, aqua, green, and a tag.


I chose to use Easter treats as my confections. I created my own containers to hold them.



Here's how I made my containers. The dish on the left was made by embossing a lace doily from the set called Special Blend. I cut the top third off, cut a slight oval in that piece and reattached it on the front with space between them for the Easter eggs.  The Easter Eggs stamp set has 19 different egg patterns that I love. I stamped the darker shade of aqua so the egg would show up in the basket. I also colored portions of the eggs in the basket with Sakura glitter gel pen.

The Easter basket was cut using a Spellbinder's die for a teacup. It doesn't have the teacup handle. Instead, the handle was made using a 2" strip of paper. I cut half of the circle using a 2" circle punch. Then above that I used a 2.5" circle punch to cut the rest of the arc. I stamped the basket portion with a basket texture stamp that's been retired for a couple of years. It's much smaller than the cup diecut so I had to stamp it about six times, matching the pattern. That's when I really love clear acrylic stamps and clear blocks! I thought the containers should be on a tablecloth, so that was made with satin ribbon and lace. The sentiment on the tag comes from the same set as the doily. I wanted something sweet to go with the confections theme. The sweet tag says, "A sweet friendship refreshes the soul. Proverbs 27:9"  May God bless you with many sweet friendships!

Because this card has Easter eggs, I'm linking it to Crazy4Challenges #127 and I Brake for Challenges #19.

5" x 6.5" Card Recipe:
Paper - DCWV The Sweet Stack (pink glittered swirl paper), Close To My Heart White Daisy CS, "Sweetheart" pink patterned paper
Stamps - Close To My Heart "Eastertime"(basket), Easter Eggs; Our Daily Bread Designs "Special Blend" (doily, sentiment)
Inks - Close To My Heart Cotton Candy, Twilight, Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf, Black, Versamark
Other - CTMH pink lace, bitty pearls, white organdy ribbon; Spellbinders cup die; Offray ribbons and white lace; Sakura glitter gel pen






1 comment:

Cathy Lee said...

Sweet card, Vickie. Love your cute easter eggs and the baskets. Thanks for joining us at I Brake for Challenges.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee