Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Word Art Wednesday - Be Faithful in Small Things

I had never seen this quote from Mother Teresa before now, but it's rich with meaning. It was designed into Word Art free for you to use at Word Art Wednesday for Challenge #18. I looked for a sketch appropriate for the paper I wanted to use and it's orientation and chose a new sketch challenge I just found - Retro Sketches. This is sketch #2.



This quote make me think, "What are the small things that give us strength?" When I was a teacher, it was letting my first graders know that even their little concerns, like their "ouchies" from the night before, were important to me. When I was a reading teacher, it was giving the 2nd grade boy a snack before I sent him back to his class because he was the only one whose mom didn't send one and his class ate last in the school. He couldn't work well with a growling stomach and anger or embarrassment at being left out. It's asking the nurse at my new doctor's office what her name is and remembering to thank her by name. Names are so important to people we meet. It's getting excited when my grandson brings me a flower he picked that's a tiny weed. The list can go on and on. Mother Teresa is so well known for helping the poor, the sick so tirelessly and selflessly, but this gem of truth can have far-reaching influence.

May God bless you as you are faithful in small things.

6" x 5" Card Recipe:
Paper - Glitz "Laced with Grace," Close To My Heart Crystal Blue and Black cardstock
Ink - CTMH Cranberry, Ranger Walnut Stain
Other - Recollections roses, CTMH Just Blooms Paper shapes -butterflies, Cuttlebug script embossing folder,  Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Ten

3 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

Really beautiful quote and card! The colors and textures are wonderful! Thanks for playing retrosketches this week!

kasia c. said...

What a gorgeous card! So many fabulous patterns and textures. :)
THanks for playing along with us at Retrosketches!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Vickie, your card is so gorgeous! I love the distressing! Sorry it's taken me this long to come back and comment - I only had time to peek at everyone's cards before! Thanks so much for playing with us at RetroSketches and I hope you will join us again!