Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Mojo Monday 268 - Shabby Christmas Love and Joy

Even though this week is busy, I just had to make another Christmas card using this week's sketch from Mojo Monday.



I was so happy to use this sketch because I had a doily with a badly wrinkled side that I could cut off for this card. I always think I can find some use for even a "damaged" element. (Is that a quality of a hoarder?) I altered the sketch to make my card horizontal instead of vertical. I combined the elements from several challenges and here's the result:


The Shabby Tea Room has a Bingo challenge this week along with their photo inspiration.



I chose the middle vertical row: doily, pearls, and a sentiment. However, I also used stitching, a button and ribbon from other rows. I chose the silver color of the skate blade and frosty windows along with the cream, brown, red and green in the photo.

I used Cricut Art Philosophy to cut the dark green scalloped circle on the doily. I used punches for the rest of the circles and the evergreen branches. The green dotted circle was cut with a 2" scallop punch and the sentiment circle was punched with a 2.5" punch.

The front sentiment is from Close To My Heart's stamp set, "To You and Yours." Because it spoke of "love" and "joy" I chose an inside digi sentiment from a Clear Dollar Stamps set, "Christmas Blessings." They introduced so many Christmas sentiments in November that I want to use them all!



I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Anything Goes Challenge #80 - stitching - mine is real
Craft-room Challenge - punches and diecuts
Crafts and Me #111 - circles
Mojo Monday #268 - sketch
Papertake Weekly - ribbons and pearls
Stamptacular Sunday #190 - Recipe: ribbon, pearls, dies & punches, stamping (front sentiment)
The Shabby Tea Room #141 - tic tac toe (doily, pearls, sentiment)

5" x 6.5" Christmas Card Recipe:
Paper - The Paper Studio (music dp); Close To My Heart New England Ivy, Ruby, Colonial White cardstock
Stamps - CTMH acrylic stamp "To You and Yours," Clear Dollar Stamps digi set "Christmas Blessings"
Ink - CTMH Ruby, Black
Accents - Wilton doily; CTMH Cocoa Ribbon, button, poinsettia brad, pearls, Cranberry waxy flax
Tools - CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy, CTMH 2" scallop circle punch; 2.5" circle punch



 

10 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Adorable card - and the layout was very fun!! Thanks so very much for joining us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.

Casandra Bennett said...

This is exquisite. Love the silver doily, the sentiments are perfect. Always love seeing CTMH well represented. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Steph said...

What a fab card- so elegant and striking! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

Céline said...

really fab card! love the sentiment
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Gaynor Greaves said...

lovely card, love the layout, thanks for joining our challenge at Anything Goes, Gaynor x

gina g said...

Gorgeous card.love the layout.
Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this and Good Luck. luv gina xx

Jill said...

gorgeous creation thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

StephG said...

this is beautiful...great take on this week's challenge! I love all the elements on this card-goes so well together. Thank you for playing at Stamptacular Sunday♥

Tracey said...

Beautiful creation.....love the silver doily! Thanks for sharing your pretty Christmas card with us in the TSTR!

hazel said...

A wonderful creation. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.