Friday, January 18, 2013

CIC67 - Brown and Red Valentine






This week the Clearly Inspired Challenge at Clearly iStamp is to make projects focusing on the colors Brown and Red. Laurie Wilson made this digital stamp set that I used to make another Valentine for one of my grandsons.



 I decided to have Mr. Spike deliver a puppy love card, holding it in his mouth with that top tooth. This image cracks me up because in high school our mascot was a bulldog. I can't tell you how many times I sat in pep club at football games with our principal's slobbering bulldog near my feet. He wouldn't have hurt a flea, but he always looked gruff and grouchy.


 I used dark brown cardstock with the lighter brown designer paper. It almost looks black here. I took a craft knife and cut around the tooth so he could "hold the valentine." I copied and pasted one word at a time in a new document, flattened the layers, and printed it on a small card. I traced around the worrds using a one inch heart that I cut on the Cricut Artiste, cut it out, and cut another red one that is one fourth of an inch larger. I used a glue dot under his tooth at under the top of the hearts and a pop dot under the lower part of the heart so it would stick out a little more. 

I  hope you'll join our challenge with your own brown and red project! I can't wait to see your creation!

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Paper Playtime #1 - Pets
Craft-Room Challenge - Valentines
Top Tip Tuesdays #93 - Fur or Feathers
Card a Day Blog - Valentine's Day Card (for a boy)
Really Reasonable Ribbon #64 - Valentine's Day/Love plus ribbon
Crafty Ribbons #36 - Love
Dutch Dare Card Challenge #200 - Buttons

5" x 6.5" Valentine Recipe:
Digital Image and sentiment - Clear Dollar Stamp "Mr. Spike"
Ink - Close To My Heart "Cocoa"
Paper - Martha Stewart dp, Bazzill cardstock, CTMH White Daisy cardstock for print
Accents - CTMH Wooden buttons, ribbon from my stash
Tools, printer, photoshop CS, Cricut Artiste







 

12 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

totally fabulous DP for this image!!! Love this cute dog ;)

Thanks for joining us at Dutch Dare Card Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Kelly Lloyd said...

Great fun valentines card
Thanks for joining us at crafty ribbons this fortnight
Hugs Kelly

Elaine Stark said...

He is a fab puppy love dog. A great valentines card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

carol said...

lovely card, thanks for sharing your creative talent with us at CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

Annette said...

Hehehe, he's a fun doggie. Really cute card and love those papers.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx


Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

A great image...made me smile! Super card. Thank you for playing along with us at the Craft Room challenge. Suzanne xx

Tina Campbell said...

This card is so cute, love what you did with it. Thanks for playing along with us at Card A Day Blog

cinmfoster said...

What a sweet card. Thanks for playing with us at the Card A Day Blog.
Cindy F

Laura said...

Fab card Vickie!
Thanks for playing at Crafty Ribbons
Laura
:)

Nikki Byrne said...

Brilliant image! Love your colouring, and such a fab design. Thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-room challenge this fortnight. Good luck

Hugs
NIKKI DT

Creative Genie said...

Hey, Vickie, my HS mascot was also a bulldog! Your card, starring Mr. Spike, is so cute. Happy to have you playing with us at the Card A Day Blog.

Christine

Liliya said...

What a cute dog image! Love your card! Thank you for joining DDCC! Lilia DT