Tuesday, January 15, 2013

PSC62 - Encourage Me, with Ribbon

Perfect Sentiments Challenge


This week the challenge at The Perfect Sentiment is to make a card of encouragement and the twist is to add ribbon. It's exciting to announce that we have two sponsors:

Pattie';s Creations Digital Stamps Pattie's Creations is offering 3 free digis to a lucky winner.

>
Crafty CityCrafty City is offering a $5.00 gift certificate to be used in their store.



Through all of life's difficulties I have found three sources of encouragement - kind friends, scripture, and prayer. So I wanted to make a masculine card of encouragement with a beautiful Psalm for the sentiment.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1 
 




 
The Scripture on front and the inside sentiment both come from a digi stamp set from Clear Dollar Stamps called "Christian Sympathy."  I felt that the stylized flowers on the inside sentiment were not too girly to be in a masculine card.I lightly sponged the Psalm with ink to match. Instead of stamping an additional image, I used a chipboard bird that I've been saving for a while. It comes from Basic Grey's Curio line. I used to hold on to favorite embellishments for such a long time, until just the right moment or project. Now my motto is "use it up" before more comes to take it's place. I'd rather give it away in a card of encouragement than wait for just the right scrapbook layout.
 
 
 
I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Crazy Amigo Challenge - Embossing Folders
Creative Creations #1 - Anything Goes
Make It Monday #123- Anything Goes
Top Tip #93 - Fur or Feathers (and my tip - use it up/give it away instead of saving it)
Twist of Faith #20 - For the Men or Boys with scripture or inspirational sentiment
Word Art Wednesday #62 - anything with encouraging scripture
 
6.5" x 5" Encouragement Card Recipe:
Digital Stamps - Clear Dollar Stamps "Christian Sympathy"
Ink - Close To My Heart Garnet
Paper - CTMH "Avonlea" paper pack and white cardstock, Bazzill (maroon colored cs)
Accents - Hobby Lobby ribbon, Basic Grey "Curio" chipboard bird, CTMH Green & Blue Epoxy Bubbles
Tools - Sizzix embossing folder "Swirly Vines with Hearts"
 

12 comments:

sharon said...

Beautiful! Love the sparrow and the colour scheme

Karen Letchworth said...

This is absolutely beautiful inside and out. Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous card with us in this week's challenge. We're SO blessed to have you join us and really hope you will come back again tomorrow for a new challenge with another awesome prize!
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Vickie, and just love the verse on the front and really lovely sentiment..all the words when you have none..

Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely card and a great tip, one I find hard to do. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Paula Bee said...

What a lovely card and a great sentiment!

Jennipher said...

This is truly calming and encouraging. Great job.

Pia S said...

Visiting from MIM where I discovered your sweet card! The design is elegant, love the little bird and the beautiful embossed paper, and the ribbon adds just the perfect amount of color to your card!

Margaret said...

I've always loved that scripture verse. Love the cute little bird image you used.

Gail said...

This is a beautiful card -thank you for entering the Twist of Faith Challenge -I hope you come back next week too - enjoy your day! Gail DT

Annette said...

Lovely card and the sentiment is really lovely.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx


Pauline said...

Hi Vickie... this is a marvellous creation, and the scripture is wonderful. Thank you for sharing at Twist of Faith this week!

Anonymous said...

After looking at a few of the blog posts on
your blog, I truly appreciate your technique of
writing a blog. I book-marked it to my bookmark website list and
will be checking back in the near future. Please visit my web site as well and tell me your opinion.
Look at my homepage - suppose