Tuesday, January 22, 2013

PSC63 - Blue, Silver and White Winter Birthday Card


 This week at The Perfect Sentiments Challenge we have a lovely color challenge for any occassion:                                                                                                                                   
                                  
  CREATE A CARD WITH A SENTIMENT FOR THE OCCASION OF YOUR CHOICE. INCORPORATE BLUE, SILVER, AND WHITE INTO YOUR DESIGN.

Our sponsor is 2 Cute Ink. I just discovered how truly cute their images are. They're providing 3 free digis to one lucky winner!

If you ever come to my blog looking for a specific style, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. I love playing with paper using many different styles. The one I chose for this color combination was fairly clean and simple. These colors spoke to me of winter snow. I discovered that all of my newest blue patterned papers were aqua and I wanted more of a true blue to go with silver, so I chose some from my old, old, old patterned paper that is filed away by color. I made my own simple sketch this time.


 I tried a couple of new things with this card. I attached the light blue patterned paper before embossing the front of the card, hoping the embossing would be the same on both layers so it would show inside, too. Also, I tried stacking four layers of Cricut-cut snowflakes, 2" and 2.75," to give it more interest. I added a silver glitter brad to the center as a glittery, finishing touch. I did find that it helped to line up the layers and add one small glue dot, rolled thin, under each layer so they'd stay lined up properly.

I heat embossed the sentiment on front, added a strip of my new silver glitter paper and some white lace, then attached my snowflake embellishment. Then I finished by stamping the inside and adding part of the snowflake cut-outs with silver glitter glue in the middle:



I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:

Little Miss Muffet Challenge #51 - Winter Birthdays
MilkCoffee Challenge - Snowflakes/Snow plus Sparkle and/or Glitter
Gingerloft #55 - Let It Snow
The Hybrid Chick Card Caravan #36 - Winter





5: x 6.5" Birthday Card Recipe:
Paper - Close To My Heart retired Moonstruck paper pack (ancient!), White Daisy Cardstock, Silver Glitter paper from CTMH Black and Gray Glitter Paper (coming soon)
Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs "Happy Birthday" stamp set
Inks - CTMH Clear embossing ink, Moonstruck
Accents - CTMH Silver-Glitter Brads, White embossing powder, Silver Glitter Glue; Offray lace
Tools - Cricut Art Philosophy (snowflakes), Cuttlebug embossing folder, heat gun

 

4 comments:

Paula Bee said...

This is a gorgeous card! I love the embossing and the touches of glitter! So pretty!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Very pretty with the snowflake and the snowflake embossing - thanks so very much for joining us this week at the Gingerloft Challenge.

Margaret said...

Stunning card. Love the big snowflake with the embossing, lace, and silver. Fabulous card.

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Beautiful embossed card.love the blue and brad for center of snowflake.Thanks for joining us at Milkcoffee stamps.