Thursday, January 31, 2013

True Love for Sweet Sketch Wednesday

Here is a card I hope to use for my son's anniversary or maybe even Valentine's Day. (I'm so glad he doesn't read my blog, but his wife might.) I used an adorable image from MelJen's. I didn't want it to be too girly, so I was inspired by the color combo at Can You Digi It (green) and Celebrate the Occassion (green, white and one more color= blue), especially when I saw this paper from Cosmo Cricket that I'd had stashed away since 2009. The flowers aren't too girly. And besides, my eyes need to see something besides pink this week! Here's the sketch I used from Sweet Sketch Wednesday:


I also wanted to try a different corner treatment on the right, so I used glitter buttons with an adhesive pearl in the depression of the button.  Also, the one in the corner was  threaded and tied with a waxy flax bow behind it. There was a pearl in the glitter flower, so I continued that treatment by adding bitty pearls on the dots of the Meljen's design and on the blue heart that I stamped with "True Love."


The blue patterned paper ("Clementine") and New England Ivy cardstock are from Close To My Heart. The Blue cardstock is Bazzill.

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday #191 - sketch
Can You Digi It? #28 - use Green
Celebrate the Occassion #97 - Green, White, plus one color (blue)
Cute Card Thursday #254 - a different corner (my upper right corner + corner rounding in design)
Gingerloft #56 - Love is in the Air
 

19 comments:

Heide said...

What a sweet little love birds. What a darling card. Love how you used the pearls by the image. Thanks for joining us at SSW.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

mulberry station said...

Ohh, I love your sweet bird image. And, your colors and papers are beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing your adorable card with us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Linda Anderson said...

Hi Vickie! How adorable!! Such a sweet image, perfect for an anniversary card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Adrian said...

Cute card! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

Deb said...

So very cute!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Have a great weekend!
Debxx

Kathy Bradley said...

Oh my gosh, what a very cute image and adorable card. Thanks for joining us at Can You Digi It!

Unknown said...

This is just sweet, love how you 'enlarged' the branch with the flower and a leaf! Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
Please join also our blog hop & win some blog candy!
Hugs
Anna xxx

Unknown said...

Very sweet card. Love the papers and how you colored the image.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this pretty card and the cute birds - the sketch layout is just fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Gingerloft Challenge.

Mian said...

What a sweet card, great design and fab image!

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Gingerloft.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Mian
Gingerloft Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

Kathie said...

Hi Vicki I do love your wonderful two blue birds, this is such a cute image and your design papers are so pretty I just love this colour combo together and cute embellishments. Great and and thanks so much for joining us this week here at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT
xox

Jeannie said...

Awww...look at the little love birds! This is just as cute as can be! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Esther said...

Aww!! Such a sweet card and darling image!!!

Thanks for joining us at CTO this week!!!!!

Sally Dube said...

Love your sweet little love birds and your papers are fabulous!! So glad you played along this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
Blessings to you!!
Sally SSW-DT

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What a sweet card, I love the DP's with the fabulous LO! Thank you for sharing your creation at CTO for our "Green, white and one other color" challenge :)

Emkay said...

Great work with the sketch. Your birds are so cute!

Thank you for playing along with us at CYDI?

Mynn xx said...

What a sweet image! Just fabulous--love your coloring and the patterns that you put together! Thanks for joining us at CYDI?! :)

heidy said...

Such a beautiful card Vickie,thanks for joining CCT this week!
Hugs Heidy

Nathalia O. said...

What a cute card! Great coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at CYDI?!