Sunday, January 13, 2013

Unscripted Sketch 193 Smitten Hearts

My husband came home the other night and said he'd been thinking about how lucky he was to have me as his wife. I've been fighting the flu all week, not doing dishes or laundry, etc., so I didn't feel so very worthy of such a compliment. But how thankful I am that I don't have to do anything to earn his love, I only need to just be me.

I couldn't help but think how that is just like the love God has for us. I was thinking about a verse in 1 John 4 that I had memorized and found it in the new Expanded Version: "10 This is what real love is: It is not our love for God; it is God’s love for us. He sent his Son ·to die in our place to take away our sins [as the atoning sacrifice/T propitiation for our sins;"  I'm glad I didn't have to deserve love to receive it. Yet knowledge of that love stirs my heart to love even more in return.

After many years, my hubby and I are both still "smitten" with love for each other.  I'm designing several cards to help a friend this week using the paper from Close To My Heart's "La Belle Vie." Here's the first one using my new stamp set called "Happy Valentines," using that word "smitten."

This fun Unscripted Sketch gave me the initial inspiration for this card, along with the challenges from Avadares and Paper Creators Crafts to focus on LOVE or VALENTINES.

 
 
 I used the almost black, purplish paper form my background. I embossed white cardstock with tiny hearts that I lightly colored with Blush chalk ink to make the vertical strips. I used my new stamp set for the sentiment.
 
 

 
I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Avadares #7 - Valentine's Day or Love
Paper Creator's Crafts #3 - Love is All Around
Quirky  Crafts - Something New (my stamp set) with Pink
Stampin' for the Weekend - Anything Goes (with stamping)
 
6.5" x 5" Love Card Recipe:
Paper - Close To My Heart "La Belle Vie" paper pack, white daisy cardstock
Stamp - CTMH "Happy Valentines" January stamp of the month
Ink - CTMH Black, Chalk Ink (blush)
Accents - CTMH retired organdy ribbon, clear sparkles
Tools - The Paper Studio embossing folder "Tiny Hearts," Cricut Art Philosophy (1" hearts)
 
 
 
 

 

8 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is gorgeous, Vickie.

Thanks for joining us at Avadares Challenge Blog.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Cazzy said...

Hi Vickie, thanks for sharing your lovely card at Quirky Crafts, you say the link isn't working. I am not disputing that it didn't work when you tried, could you tell me a little more about what did or didn't happen so I can report it please? Di you try refreshing your screen, or maybe you came back and tried again a little later? You see it has worked over 50 times, and I need to know what is causing it to not work for some folk.

Cazzy - on behalf of the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT.

Debbie said...

Love your card...
Thank you for joining us at Paper Creators Crafts
Hugs
Debbie

Billie A said...

Wonderful card, love all the hearts and the colors are wonderful too. Thanks for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches. Hope you come back next week.

Geri said...

Vicki, this is absolutely stunning! You have captured a very interesting and effective blend of vintage and modern. Love the inked edges and the wee poof of sheer ribbon! Thank you so much for choosing our sketch to showcase your beautiful creation :)

dstandard said...

Beautiful - great stamping! Thanks for playing at US!

Gunn (Merete) said...

You know what? This card is stunning. I love it and these colors are in fact two of my favorites.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

Beansieleigh said...

Love your beautiful card, and nice meeting you through Unscripted Sketches! Have a great weekend! ~tina