Tuesday, May 7, 2013

PSC #78 - Dry Embossing

We had so many amazing entries in our last challenge to make a feminine card. Remember to stop by on Friday to see if you're a winner. The new challenge at The Perfect Sentiment Challenge #78 is my favorite technique:

CREATE A CARD FOR THE OCCASION OF YOUR CHOICE AND INCLUDE SOME 
DRY EMBOSSING. DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR SENTIMENT ON THE FRONT.

http://www.thepapershelter.com/

Our sponsor this week is The Paper Shelter who has an amazing prize of a $20 gift voucher for a lucky entrant.

I used one of their images called "Let's Go to Sleep." I started to use a quote about following your dreams, but when I attached this lovely girl to the white embossed hearts and saw how she was hugging the dog, I changed it to say "from my heart" with an older CTMH stamp I have.


The hearts were embossed with a folder from The Paper Studio. The yellow dp was embossed using a Sizzix "Swirly Vines and Hearts" folder. The two corners were embossed with a small Cuttlebug folder from the set "Formal Squares," cut in half diagonally, then sanded. I added the row of sparkles along the edges of the corner adornments and the sentiment circle.  I used this sketch from Just Us Girls:



I used a lot of Copic markers to color this lovely image:
E00, E02, E11, E13, E21, E30, E33, E34, E35, E43, E95
Y21, YR31, YR61
R01, R20, R21, RV14
BV00, BV02, B21
N0

I hope you'll join our challenge and show what you like to do with dry embossing.


I used the following challenges to design this card so I'm sharing this card with:

ABC Challenge #27 - Tic Tac Toe - ribbon, flowers, pink cardstock
All Sorts #205 - add some sparkle
Crafty Boots - use a stamped character
Creative Card Crew #35 - bling
Deep Ocean #51 - Let's Sparkle
Forever Friends Fortnightly Challenge #61 - Pastel Colors
Just Us Girls #187 - Sketch
My Heart Pieces - embossing
Paper Nest Dolls Challenge #3 - Emboss It
Paper Playtime #9 - Emboss dry or wet









 

17 comments:

~KellyJosephine~ said...

She is just absolutely precious, and the colors of the card are perfect with her little outfit. So adorable! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Nest dolls. ~Kelly Walkelmol

Dee's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous card and beautifully coloured image. I love all the embossed detail.

Thank you for sharing your card with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Unknown said...

This is such a cute card and I'm loving all that bling!

Thank you for joining the challenge at the Creative card Crew!

Sheena
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do think this is an excellent website. I stumbledupon it ;
) I am going to revisit yet again since i have book
marked it. Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you
be rich and continue to help other people.

Feel free to visit my website; pozycjonowanie

brenda said...

Your sweet image stands out beautifully against the embossed panel Vickie.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Angelique said...

Beautifull card. Cute image, gorgeous flowers and loving the bling
Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew

Huggsss,Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Really sweet, perfect sentiment & I love those papers!
Hugs Shell xx

Maria said...

Lovely card! Love that sweet image and the papers are awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us GIrls this week.

Sam Pirkle said...

I love this image !! She is just too cute !! I'm so glad I got to use it also. I like how you used two different embossing folders, great job...

Creations by Shirl said...

What a cutie! Thanks for joining Forever Friends Challenge.

Elise said...

This is just SO darling! Love your use of our sketch! Thanks for sharing your work with Just Us Girls!

Danielle Vincent said...

Another great card Vicky! You do such a nice job of coloring and fussy cutting. Thanks so much for joining us again at ABC Challenges this week.

NicoleDesigns said...

Such an adorable card! TFS with us at the PND challenge! xo Nikki ox

Patty Gorka said...

Super cute! I love all the details and embellishments you've added! Thanks for playing along this week at ABC Challenges!

Margaret said...

Wow! So adorable. Love the image and your coloring is amazing. Great layout.

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow such a wonderful card. Great design! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Creative Card Crew!!
Denise

Manderly said...

Beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining us at Forever Friends. We are moving to Crafty Friends on June 1st...hope to see you there!
Manderly
xxxooo