Monday, February 22, 2016

Animal Greetings Thank You Card

I recently posted a couple of cards highlighting a recent stamp set that's a CTMH February special, Share the Love. I loved the fact that $7.00 of the purchase price was donated to Operation Smile which helps children around the world who have disfiguring facial problems requiring surgery.  So I decided to make a few cards using another Operation Smile special stamp available all year, Animal Greetings.




I decided to use a CAS (Clean and Simple) style to keep the lovely small animal from getting lost in patterned paper. I was inspired to use the beautiful colors at Stamping Royalty.  I used the Cricut Artistry cartridge to make the die cuts. I cut the heart border on each color of cardstock, put double-sided tape on the back of the heart openings and inserted different colors into the holes. I did the same with the tips of the sentiment banner. I colored the cute pig with alcohol ink markers. The white background was embossed with the Chevron embossing folder, but the angle of the light only shows one side of the embossed diagonals.





I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
AAA Cards Game #58 - CAS and sequins
Crafty Catz #312 - CAS
Critters and Creatures February Linky Party - anything goes with a creature
Hiding in my Craft Room #239 - Clean and Simple
Ooh La La Creations #198 - Clean and Simple
Stampin' Royalty #317 - color challenge
 




5 comments:

Jane said...

What an adorable set of little critters. Great card too! Thanks for linking up with AAA Cards.

Georgeann Manning said...

SO SO CUTE!!! love this card! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at HIMCR, good luck!!! Amy DT

Ellibelle said...

Such a cute CAS card. Love the embossed background and cute little pig!
Thanks so much for paying along in my Critters and Creatures Linky Party, hope you join in again soon!

cotnob said...

This is fabulous, a super CAS design
Thank you for joining us Ooh La La Creations.
Pauline
x