Thursday, February 18, 2016

Happy Birthday with La Vie en Rose


I just had to make a birthday card from this same paper, La Vie en Rose, that I used for Valentines, with an emphasis on HAPPY. It only uses words to complement the flowers on the bottom panel. I wanted to pair the floral paper with this super version of the word, "happy" that I cut using Cricut Artbooking (p. 75)


I white-embossed the word Birthday after I had cut apart the two separate words of one of the phrases in the acrylic stamp set, Joyful Birthday. I added sparkle using a strip of metallic gold foil tape, black and gold ribbon, and gold sequins with a dollop of liquid glass.

Thanks for looking! May you bless someone else with a big dose of HAPPY!



I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Crafting for All Seasons #120 - three of a kind (3 sequins)
Creative Moments #87 - anything goes/ twist- embossing, wet (or dry) 
Dream Valley #125 - Sparkle, bling, embellish
Moving Along with the Times #14 - words only, no image
Southern Girls Challenge - add a little sparkle



5 comments:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a beautiful card. Love the pretty CAS card design and layout. Perfect for our 'Sparkle' challenge this week at Southern Girls. So glad you joined in the fun with us and hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

Creative world said...

What a striking color combination on your card...beautiful...and love your script word die...Thank you for joining us at ATSM...Željka X

Melissa L. said...

Lovely, Vicki! I love the beautiful floral bg paper. Great angular design and I really like the die cut word too! Thanks for playing along at ATSM AG. Melissa

N-Eva said...

Great card love the design. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
Neva DT

Unknown said...

Great card, thanks for joining in at MAWTT, Claire xXx