Thursday, February 11, 2016

You Make My Heart Sing

My son and I share a special bond. One of the things we have in common is that we both played in band for many years. In fact, he'd learned to play viola in 5th grade, trumpet in 7th grade, and guitar in 12th grade. He learned them so easily and had a mom who was so proud of him at all of his concerts, especially jazz band performances. Music played a big roll in our church experience, our schooling and our lives.  So I naturally thought of him when I saw this sentiment from Close to my Heart: "You make my heart sing" printed on a zip strip on top of one of the patterned papers.

I thought a couple of notes and a treble clef would be the perfect thing to add to the circles on this week's Mojo Monday sketch. (And I think he'll forgive the pink patterned paper that I embossed and rubbed with white pigment ink since it's a Valentine!)


Here's a close-up of the sentiment and heart.


I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:

Aud Sentiments Challenge #148 - Use a love sentiment 
Bitten by the Bug 2 - Valentine Hearts (Cranberry heart from Hannah Montana cart)
Craft Rocket Challenge #8 - Valentine/Love
Crafty Girls Challenge #14 - anything goes
Die Cuttin' Divas #252 -  Love (Die cuts include Cricut die cuts: Artiste circles, Hannah Montana music symbols and heart.)
Through the Purple Haze #95 - Share some love
Unicorn Challenge #6 - Lots of Love





10 comments:

Stampsnob. said...

Love the range of colors the finish is fantastic TFS Craft Rocket Challenges Lis DT

Stampsnob. said...

Nothing says LOVE like music TFS Unicorn Challenge Lis DT

Laurie Levorson said...

Beautiful paper and clever design! I love the sentiment as well. Thank you for joining us at BBTB2!!

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Great design! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

Anonymous said...

Cute card and beautiful papers! Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

Evelyn

Caroline said...

Another beautiful Valentine card. I love how you used the same paper in a total different way. I know your son will love this special card with the musical notes and also, great choice on the heart. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Caroline said...

Another beautiful Valentine card. I love how you used the same paper in a total different way. I know your son will love this special card with the musical notes and also, great choice on the heart. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

moknowsall said...

fabulous card - so creative. its different from the typical card, and does make my heart sing too. thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week.

maureen
moknowsallcrafts.blogspot.com

Lisa J said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Craft Rocket Challenges

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Thank you joining us over at Unicorn Challenge Blog. Look forward to seeing you again.

hugs
Tammi
Unicorn Challenge Blog, DT