Monday, November 28, 2011

Autumn Cards using Verve patterns

I had made these cards for the month of October, but didn't get them posted when I was sick. Verve has a weekly challenge on Splitcoast Stampers each month. It's called Viva La Verve. I made multiples of each card so I could sell some in the two craft fairs I participated in. Here is the Christmas card I made for week 1. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder turned sideways to make the snowy frame and a Martha Stewart border punch that I inked. The stamp set is from CTMH.


 I love using the autumn colors so here's the resulting combination. I added a little "pink" to the color combo of some of the cards. Here is Week 2. The stamp sets, ink, Sunset dotted paper, Blush pink cardstock,  and ribbon are all CTMH.


Here's the card for week 3. All of the materials are from Close To My Heart. The papers are from the CTMH Roxie packet. The Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge helped me cut out the stamped shape that goes with the sentiment. It's hard to see, but the black and softie cardstock strip is pleated on the right with sparkles on the pleats. There is also a large sparkle inside the ribbon flower.


The next card for the week 4 design has an embossed circle. The sentiment, flower, and corduroy brad inside the flower are from CTMH.


The last card was for October's Week 5. It uses Basic Grey paper. The stamp set, buttons and flower are CTMH. The black fiber is actually crochet thread. I like the stiffer quality because it helps me thread the buttons more easily and shows up really well. The oval and frame are both cut using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. That is my absolute favorite cartridge because of the 700 different shapes.







No comments: