Monday, September 24, 2012

Mojo Monday 260 Joyeux Anniversaire

Over the weekend we went to the reunion of my high school class. I remembered how I had been the president of our foreign language club, probably because I loved French so much everyone voted for me. Several of us dreamed of going to France some day. My dear friends Sandy and Dave have had that privilege. Here's the birthday card I made with Sandy in mind using Bonjour sentiments from Close To My Heart with their La Belle Vie paper pack and the wonderful sketch 260 from Mojo Monday.



This week at No Matter Which they challenged us to use die cuts or punches, so I'm giving you the details for cutting these die cut shapes. I cut a card shape from Cricut Art Philosophy, p. 54, <Circle4> at 5." I cut the basic shape of <Circle4> at 5" from La Belle Vie mauve patterned paper and attached it to the front of the card. Then I also cut the Layer for <Circle4> at 5" using the dark pattern on the reverse side of that paper.

The mat for the sentiment was from p. 67, <shape10> cut at 2.5" from Plum Mist cardstock. I added the darker Decorative Layer for <shape10> also at 2.5." The rest was simple additions of cardstock and embellishments.

I'm sharing this card at the following challenges:
Catered Crop - tie a knot
Dream Valley Challenge #41 - Celebrations (Joyeux Anniversaire means Happy Birthday)
Mojo Monday 260 - round sketch
No Matter Which Challenge #2 - die cuts or punches






 

2 comments:

marion said...

Lovely card, but alas no stamped image (like f.e. Magnolia) on it, so alas not eligable for a prize on NMWC. Hugs, Marion

Carrie's Corner said...

Beautiful card and love your color combo! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Hugs
Carrie