Thursday, March 28, 2013

Viva La Verve March Week 2


Today I'm posting the last two cards for Viva La Verve March 2013, although they're not in order. Here is the sketch they gave us for Week 2 at Splitcoast Stampers.


I used one of "Plain Janes" Verve stamps for the sentiment on the front, this lovely quote from Elizabeth Barrett Browning. To me it means that the things you do today should improve life in the future for yourself or someone else. It reminds me of all the college coursework I had to take to become a teacher, and then the many additional graduate hours I took, books I read to become even a better reading teacher. It also reminds me of the many hours in my vegetable garden and meals I made from scratch in order to insure the future health of my children.


All of the papers I used to create this card came from my scrap drawers, so I'm not sure of their source, except for the CTMH Crystal Blue cardstock that I embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The sparkles, black and white baker's twine and button are also from CTMH. I tied the button with crochet thread which is so fun to use since it's a little thicker than ordinary thread.

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Cards by Lady Anne Stamp Challenge #6 - anything goes
My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #92 - Strings and things (baker's twine)
Rogue Redhead Designs Challenge #21 - Sentiment Focus
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Viva La Verve March sketch week 2



 

10 comments:

Dawny P said...

Gorgeous. I love those colours :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card! I love the gorgeous sentiment and fun papers:) Nicely done!
Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
Sherrie K
http;//sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Hi Vickie,
I love the sentiment and such cutie button and twine.Thank you for playing along with us at Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge and we hope to see you again soon. Good Luck :)
Hugs,
Asmah
[Lady Anne's Challenges DT Member]
[Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Personal Blog]

Debi said...

Beautiful quote for your beautiful card, love all the dots! thanks for playing the Rebel Sentimental Focus Challenge, at RRD, Debi x

Vicki said...

Beautiful card! Love the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with the Rogue Redhead Sentimental Focus Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Amazing! This blog looks exactly like my old one!
It's on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Great choice of colors!

my homepage - musicos

Anonymous said...

Great design! Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at RRD!

Gwen said...

Simple and beautiful! The best kind of card! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.

Kate said...

What a gorgeous card! Your gem flourish is a beautiful touch!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Beautiful love the bling flourish, and the sentiment is so nice. Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot ;)