Friday, July 20, 2018

Blue Gingham Jolly Christmas Card

In the hot days of July it's soothing to focus on Christmas in July creations. And besides, Christmas is such a joyful time to remember with all the celebrations with family and friends.  I've made quite a few Christmas cards this week, not taking time to post, but looking at the gray deer leaping at the bottom of this PML card and strip of gray patterned paper from retired CTMH "Oh Deer," I thought they would work well with the colors from this week's Color Throwdown challenge:


I thought the border of leaping deer looked like they were excited and  jolly so I chose a sentiment to express that.

 I used the solid back of an old Star Spangled Blue patterned paper and gingham. The sentiment from retired "Frosted Cardmaking Workshop" was stamped with Star Spangled Blue ink, long retired. The aqua snowflakes were cut with one of my favorite recently retired CTMH dies. This card is the reason I never get rid of retired items. They can be combined to give them new life! I actually like what I made better now than what I would have made in 2005!

Thanks for visiting! I hope you have a joyful time making creations to celebrate Christmas with those you love.

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:

A Snowflake's Promise #53 - anything goes
Aud Sentiments #208 -  Christmas in July
Color Throwdown Challenge #502 - cobalt blue, aqua, gray, white
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #477 - Christmas
Shopping Our Stash #362 - Christmas in July
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - use a die (or punch)
The Holly and the Ivy Christmas Challenge #32 - anything Christmas goes
The Merry Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas
The 12 Months of Christmas Challenge #43 - anything goes

Psalm 30:11 (WEB)
You have turned my mourning into dancing for me. 
You have removed my sackcloth, and clothed me with gladness,

365 Promises of God - Promise #201: I will turn your mourning into dancing and surround you with joy.








9 comments:

@d_e_crafts said...

Great colours, great snowflakes, great card. Thank you for joining the CRAFT challenge this time.

Kathleen said...

Vicki, what a beautiful card! I enjoy your artwork so much!!

samantha's cards said...

What a lovely snowflake card, thanks for playing along with us at the Holly and the Ivy.

Kim Hamilton said...

Beautiful holiday card! Love the blues! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

Helen said...

Wonderful card - love the snowflakes!
Thanks for playing at C.R.A.F.T.
Helen (Guest Designer)

Brenda said...

Vicki, you are so right about the joyful reindeer, such a perfect sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CRAFT Challenge!

foleysfriend said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Loving the blue tones - use of a non-traditional Christmas color. I like the embossed background for added texture. Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas challenge.

sue n.

Janis Lewis said...

Cute! Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

Julie said...

Very pretty card
Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas challenge
Julie T