Monday, October 21, 2013

Debossed Snowflake Card


This is a fun, simple masculine card I tried. I used the Cuttlebug Snow Dots embossing folder. I brayered Chocolate ink on the side with the raised snowflakes. Then I ran it through my Wizard to emboss the light blue. Instead of using the usual raised embossed snowflakes, I used the inked snowflakes that are debossed.  I thought the brown snowflakes would make a good masculine card.



I stamped the snowflake with Twilight ink on the metal rimmed tag, also more masculine. Then I added tiny blue sparkles and some Glitz Glitter Gel. The card also has sparkle flourishes and a sparkle to go inside the "O." You can see the details in the close-up.

 
The snowflake is a long retired CTMH stamp. The sentiment comes from Our Daily Bread Designs words in the Sweet William set.  I used one of my favorite CTMH Christmas sentiments inside:
 
 
 
I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
C.R.A.F.T. #229 - Christmas
Crafty Little Fairies - Christmas in October
Opus Gluei #168 - something for the man in your life
Sweet Pea Stampers - Sparkle and shine


18 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Love the colours you've used and the nice debossed snowflakes. The jewelled flourish is fab! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Jennifer said...

Mmmm, love those masculine colours, and the design is fab too.

Thank you for entering our challenge at Crafty Little Fairies, and good luck in the draw. We would also love you to join us again in future challenges.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Blossom Cards said...

what a lovely card thanks for sharing with sweet pea stampers this week
Rachel DT

Deena said...

Thanks for joining in the challenge at the Order of the Opus Gluie this week! I am a huge fan of the brown snowflakes!

Unknown said...

Lovely card and perfect for a man! Thank you for playing along with Sweet Pea Stampers "Sparkle and Shine". We wish you good luck and we hope to see you again. Sylvia, DT-member Sweet Pea Stampers

Gail said...

Fabulous card. Simply elegant and wonderful for anyone, especially a man. Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' this month! --Gail

Alica said...

wonderful! Love the colors and the bling too!
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers!

Hugs, Alica :)

Hazel said...

This is a stunningly beautiful card, Vickie - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 147 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

Electra said...

I love this, the blue and the brown go so well together! I love your piercing, what a pretty treatment. Thanks for joining us at Opus Gluei, your card is perfect for our challenge!

Robin said...

I so love the colors you used! Great card. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting When We Can. Unfortunately you have entered too many challenges to be eligible for ours. I do hope to see again soon. Hugs, Robin

Hazel said...

I'm back again to thank you for sharing this delightful card for the Sweet Pea Stampers 'sparkle and shine' challenge, Hazel, DT x

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! LOVE the debossing...it really looks fabulous! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Lots of lovely texture, a great color scheme and perfect amount of bling! Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

Patricia Hays said...

I love the color combo of light blue and chocolate brown! The debossed snowflakes are a fun different take on embossing. The swirling bling is a great finishing touch. Thanks for sharing your card with us at 52{C}CT! :) I hope you'll join us again soon.

Louise van Vuren said...

Fab card, so much bling! Perfect for the challenge at 52 CCT this week, thanks for playing

Louise xx

sarahstone said...

Nice sparkly masculine card! Thanks for playing at 52CCT this week!

Sarah

Rosemary said...

Clever clever card! I love this, it is masculine but it has texture and embellishment and it works beautifully. It really looks good and I love the idea of using the debossing with the ink. The snowflake also looks grand with the embossing and sparkle. Men like a little sparkle and shine too and this fits the bill. Thank you so much for finding our Opus Gluei theme and playing along with us! Hope you return for future fun!

Sue said...

Stunning card, I love the design and wonderful colours.
Thank you for taking part in the Christmas at Sweet Stampin' Challenge this month.
Sue xx