Friday, September 9, 2011

Fall layouts of Colorado

When I saw the colors in the Close To My Heart Dreamin' paper pack, I immediately thought of my photos of Colorado. The sky was blue and the mountains were surrounded by golden aspens. Here's one that was the Workshop on the Go layout with very little change. The photos were from Maroon Bells near Aspen.


The next one has photos from three different spots which reflect what a spiritual experience it was to see mountains surrounded by colorful aspens and oaks, looking up through the aspens at a clear blue sky, and gazing across the Black Canyons swept by wind. I included Psalm 145:9-11 so my family would know why this makes me think of God. I used to sing verse 9 to my kids as I drove them 20 miles to Countryside Christian School outside of Newton, KS. I made up my own tune and hoped the scripture song would help them memorize the verses. It did. Lisa won the Verse Down that spring. This layout was also from the Workshops on the Go, but I changed it considerably.


The last Colorado layout went with the Dreamin' Stickease and had the title "Dreams." It was perfect for my photos of my husband and I in the ghost town of Independence, CO. I was amazed that 1500 people lived there dreaming of the wealth they'd accrue during the gold strike, only to have their dreams shattered in less than a decade by the long winters, Oct. - May snow cover, and strong winds that swept the mountainside at 10,500 foot elevation. Going into the buildings that have survived I couldn't imagine trying to keep warm there. But our dreams of finding a great photo op were fulfilled.


My last Dreamin' layout that we're doing tomorrow in our scrapbook club is about what the rest of the family does at Christian's baseball games while they're waiting for him to go to bat. Lisa really did work on them the last two years to be a good audience and watch the whole game. However, the rainy spring postponed so many games that the last weeks of the season were filled with games and naturally, kids need a little space to be themselves--that is, until their brother comes up to bat and makes a hit and run every time! This family layout also used the Dreamin' Stickease and honey embellishments.


All three of the last layouts used Cricut Art Philosophy to cut shapes for matting, title, and journaling.

No comments: