Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August Digi Releases at Clear Dollar Stamps

I love to make cards of encouragement, so I chose these stamp sets for their wonderful verses and quotes.

I used Photoshop to make the 8.5 x 11 orange paper print to a 4x6 piece of cardstock. That made the design smaller for my card. The paper, black design, and sentiment come from Words of Sympathy.

I used the sketch from Seems a Little Sketchy for both of these cards.




I wanted to use the Clear Dollar Stamps elegant paper, but wanted it to match the colors in my Scarlet's Letter paper. So I used Photoshop to resize, recolor, combine and print images from the set "Christian Sympathy."  I resized the circular design, copied and pasted several times to print and cut out the tiny squares that are inked with brads in the middle.

6.5" x 5 " Sympathy card #1 Recipe:
Paper - Clear Dollar Stamps "Words of Sympathy" digi paper (orange pattern), Basic Grey "Ambrosia;" Close To My Heart Dotty for You (gray) and White Daisy and Black cardstock
Image and Sentiment - CDS "Words of Sympathy"
Accents - CTMH Petals Paper flowers, white brads, Sparkles Black Flourishes
Tools - printer

6.5" x 5" Sympathy card #2 Recipe:
Paper - Clear Dollar Stamps (geometric design);Basic Grey "Scarlet's Letter" (Ok, so I hoarded it); olive and white cardstock
Images and Sentiment CDS"Christian Sympathy"
Ink - Close To My Heart Barn Red
Accents - CTMH retired ribbon, clear button, Bitty Brads (antiqued copper); crochet thread
Tools - Adobe Photoshop, printer, sponge





2 comments:

Linda W. said...

Your cards are beautiful! You've given me ideas I didn't even know about. Beautiful work.

paper fun said...

Lovely cards. Both sentiments are gorgeous to look at. You have put so much thought into these cards and it shows.

Thanks for joining us at Seems a Little Sketchy.

Mari