Thursday, August 2, 2012

Encouragement from Psalm 37:3-5

Some days I have big plans regarding things I want to accomplish that day. Now that I'm older and slower, that's really not very much. But on those days, it seems I get a lot of phone calls that take me away from those plans. I had two phone calls during breakfast that slowed the start of my day. There were two phone calls during the evening news. I seem to miss it every night. One of those was a long political survey. Yuck! Then there was another long call in the middle of supper. I had difficulty all day trying to open emails. Some I never could open or maybe I just didn't wait long enough. Living on a farm in the country doesn't give me the best connection with broadband.

So I found this scripture tonight that I've always loved. I truly delight in His Word and the faithful way He's always worked in my life. It speaks to me that even though the unexpected can seem to take over the day, I know I committed it to Him and thanked Him for guiding my life when I got up this morning. So I'm going to trust Him that He will help me do what I need to in His time and I have to think that each call was important (even the political one, Lord?) to someone else. I will keep on trusting His faithfulness to lead my life each day in the way He desires.

The verse is from Clear Dollar Stamps, "Value Verses 1" digital image. Because it was tall and narrow I thought the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches #157 was perfect. Since Clear Dollar Stamps is sponsoring their challenge this week, I'm not wanting to be a winner, just a "player." I used ColourQ Challenge #148 for my color inspiration for this card.



I pray that you will also delight in the Lord and see how He works in your life as you commit each day to His leading. The promise is that He will give you the desires of your heart, and He shall bring it to pass. May God richly bless you.

Challenges for this card:
Craft-room Challenge - Buttons and Bows

6.5" x 5" Encouragement Card Recipe:
Paper - Close To My Heart Baby Pink, Holiday Red, White Daisy Cardstock and retired sunset orange dotted dp
Image - Clear Dollar Stamps "Value Verses 1" digital (also comes as a clear stamp)
Accents - Recollections orange and pink flowers, Michaels ribbon; CTMH wide ribbon and sorbet waxy flax; unknown buttons from my stash
Tools - Cuttlebug 5x7 embossing folder



16 comments:

Debi said...

very pretty I love that colour combo so fresh, thanks for joining us at Craft room challenge, Debi x

Tracey McNeely said...

Very pretty card. Thank you so much for joining us at the colorQ this week!

Linda Anderson said...

Wow Vickie, this is one gorgeous card!! Love the verse and your colors. Positively stunning.

Linda

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Vickie, what a wonderful scripture and wonderful way to highlight it. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

PatQ's Cards said...

What a beautiful inspiration--it will brighten anyone's day.

Esther said...

Lovely card, that's a beautiful psalm. The buttons are sweet and I love the splash of bright green the bow gives...Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room Challenge...Esther xx

Grandma Bonnie said...

Vickie, this is very pretty! I like how you used the sketch this week! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches, please come join us again!

Melissa Craig said...

I love every part of this card! The colors, the embossing, the embellishments and the loving words. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Mervi said...

Lovely creation with buttons and ribbons.
Thanks for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge,
good luck and welcome again;-))m

Unknown said...

Great card and beautiful verse. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Jessi Fogan said...

Lovely card! I'm specially fond of the buttons & one tied with a bow. Glad you could play along with us this week :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Silly me! I forgot to say play along with Tuesday Morning Sketches...not enough coffee yet ;)

Maria said...

This is beautiful, and perfect for our Buttons & Bows Challenge. The pink and green are a great colour combination. Thanks for joining in with us over at the Craft-Room Challenge.

Maria x

hazel said...

Your card is so lovely. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Angela said...

This turned out beautiful...that panel was perfect for your verse! Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Sarah-Jane said...

Lovely. Thank you for joining us at Divas.
Sarah-Jane
xx