Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Gingham and Sweet William Birthday Card

When my hubby and I first married I was so excited to have a huge yard in the country, I planted about every flower imaginable. One of them was Sweet William, like my hubby's name. Most Sweet Williams come in shades of pink with white, although there are some that are lavender or purple.

I chose the ODBD Sweet William stamp set to make the flower for this card using the color challenge they have for this month. The sketch at Hand Stamped Sentiments was perfect for this card and I chose to use gingham patterned papers with 3 shades of violet and one of yellow, including a yellow gingham ribbon, mostly very old from CTMH. The purple glitter sparkles and glitter hearts are also from CTMH.  I used the ODBD All Occasion Sentiments for the greeting.

 

The colors of this card remind me of spring! I'm sharing this with the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge #282 and Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge #256.






7 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

What a beautiful Sweet William, Vickie! It looks so pretty surrounded by all the gingham. Such a lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Elizabeth Price said...

Oh how I love how you have put together the gingham prints to fit the sketch challenge. All the details for your card are total perfection. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Vickie, your card is beautiful!! I so love the gingham and the mounting of your gorgeous flower!! I so love the soft lavender of your peony!! Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining the color challenge at ODBD!!

PJ said...

You're card just says "spring" to me. I like the colors, and I love the sentiment.

Stampin by Genny said...

Vickie, The colors you used for your card remind me of a beautiful patch of spring flowers. Great job on the use of our sketch. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

brrenwick said...

What a beautiful card! I love the pretty flowers and the soft spring colors you used. Thank you for joining us at HSS!

inkedx2 said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at HSS!

Robbie