Thursday, January 12, 2017

Masculine Monster Birthday

Birthdays can scare some people when they hear the larger number for their new age. I'm hoping the humor of this card will lighten that negative feeling. Some time back I had seen the sentiment: "How old? That's scary!" I thought it would be perfect for some masculine cards using my leftover Jeepers Creepers paper and a monster from an old CTMH stamp set, Party Animals, which also includes a stamp of a speech balloon outline. I typed and printed the sentiment a size to fit inside that balloon.


I used a Sizzix embossing folder, Arithmetic, to emboss the background. The monster was colored with Copic markers. The stars were from last year's Peacock Fundamentals Assortment.

Thanks for visiting!

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Cards 4 Guys #152 - Happy Birthday
Dragonfly Journeys #83 - Birthday bash
Fab 'n' Funky #333 - birthday with a number (mine has lots of numbers)
Paper Craft Crew #226 - Birthday

10 comments:

Pat K said...

Fun card Vickie. Love this monster and your numbered paper. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Vickie, your monster is just so cute! I love that embossing folder too.. it's the perfect background for your card. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Craft Crew this week. :) Tina, DT

Jeannie said...

Hi Vickie! This is a great card and a reminder to me that I have this set waiting to be used again. Love that paper and the embossed background too. Thanks so much for joining my Birthday Bash blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Julie B said...

Love the EF, makes a super background for your monster.
So pleased you joined us at Cardz4Guyz.:)

Cazro said...

Wow such an impact, I love all the elements of this card, they are perfect for a super masculine card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT

Judith said...


this is a great, fun card Vickie- I love the cute monster image and the numbe rembossing folder is just perfect - thank you so much for playing along in our numbers challenge at Fab'n'Funky Challenges hugs Judith x

Deborah Smart said...

What a fun card! I really like the embossed numbers in the background - no giving away the age secret - though we know it's 'scary'! Thanks for joining the Paper Craft Crew challenge this week. ~Deborah

Terri said...

I love the little monster and those eyes make it such a fun card to send to someone. Thanks for joining in with our Paper Craft Crew challenge this week.

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Awesome card. I love that little monster he's adorable. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Craft Crew. Carolyn xx

Unknown said...

How adorable! Thank you for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!