Saturday, January 19, 2019

Loving Silhouette


I'm taking advantage of my hubby being gone today to make a card for him celebrating our love. This card is for the Heart 2 Heart challenge to illustrate "The Important Thing." I believe the most important thing is LOVE, both the kind we feel and show to our family and friends and the kind we show to those we don't know. It's so important that it's the greatest commandment in scripture to love God with all our heart, soul, and mind and to love others as we love ourselves.  It's a subject I could expound on for days! Most of the problems of the world exist because of a lack of love.

Here's a mood board from Crafts Dreamy that I found with a perfect mix of colors, text, and a heart, just right for his card:


I used the challenge at Crafting By Designs and added a circular frame. I put a smaller circle die inside the next larger one to make the frame. For the challenge at Moving Along with the times, I chose a Cricut die cut that had a heart balloon. 


The striped diagonal that looks like it has black stripes is actually a silver foil sticker with no black, but I did add charcoal, white, and gray enamel dots to match the other elements.

Thanks for visiting! I hope you'll share love in new ways to  those around you!

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:

Crafting By Designs - Corners, borders, frames
Crafts Dreamy Challenge #2 - anything, using the mood board
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - anything goes with patterned paper
Heart 2 Heart Challenge - The important thing


365 Promises - Promise #2: I am full of mercy and grace and I overflow with love. Psalm 103:8 (WEB)
Yahweh is merciful and gracious,
slow to anger, and abundant in loving kindness.








10 comments:

Wendy L said...

So beautiful, lovely design, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card I love it. Thank you for joining us at Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog The theme is Have a Heart. Hugs Jackie DT

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card, thanks so much for joining us at Crafts Dreamy. Hugs, Zowie xx

Brandi said...

Such a sweet card, I love that silhouette, adorable! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Lauren said...

Love definitely is important and I LOVE this card! The silhouette look is very effective. Thanks for joining us at H2H challenges!

Barbetka said...

Beautiful card, adorable silhouette :)lovely design

Cat Nowak said...

Such a beautiful card! That silhouette is perfect for this card. Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

Katy said...

What a PRETTY card...LOVE me some Fundamentals! Thanks for linking up to H2H - Important Things!

Melissa Robinson said...

Love the silhouette you used! This card is beautiful!

Thank you for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

Dotstolines said...

Lovely card! Great ideas! Thank you for playing with us at Crafts Dreamy Challenge! Hugs Sunila & Aditi