Friday, January 25, 2019

Peony Leaf Background

About 17 years ago, Kristy Bishop,  a CTMH director, taught classes in a North Kansas City high school. After attending the first one, I could hardly wait for the next class. The technique she taught us was random stamping. We were using rubber stamps on wood blocks. We made each little stamp a different color and stamped the first design in a visual triangle. That was my addicting introduction to stamping. (The day I found out CTMH went from wood mounted stamps to acrylic stamps I signed up to become a consultant. I knew I'd need a discount for all the stamps I wanted to get.)

I was inspired by the challenge at Heart 2 Heart to use random stamping. My technique and stamps have changed a little. I thought I'd use only the foliage of the Budding Peony stamp set with the new lighter shade of Sage ink to make the background for this card.


I added the soft shade of Mint checks with bright pops of a Lagoon strip and Raspberry for the die cut sentiment and background mat. Of course I had to stamp the leafy sprig again with New England Ivy on Sage cardstock and cut with the coordinating thin cut die. I wanted to make the random stamping into a soft background for a Clean and Simple card.


Since the card base is black I finished with a few black enamel dots on the front and a couple of leafy sprigs on two inside corners. I looked at this card and truly wished for spring!!!


Kristy Bishop is now a college professor in another state far away, so she may not know the directions her card classes have taken or how many people have been blessed along the way.  May you be blessed as you share your love of stamping, cardmaking, and giving, blessing your friends who receive your creations. What you enjoy can be a part of something much bigger than yourself!

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:

Die Cut Divas - Something New (Budding Peony stamp and die are new)


Budding Peony  
365 Promises - Promise #25: I will not withhold anything good from those with an upright heart.
For Yahweh God is a sun and a shield.
Yahweh will give grace and glory.
He withholds no good thing from those who walk blamelessly.




14 comments:

*Arwen* said...

Beautiful CAS card Vickie!
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique :)

xx Arwen

Arlene said...

Wonderful soft background. Nice to see this method used. So glad you entered the challenge at Die Cut Divas this month.

Jools Robertson said...

Beautiful
Thank you for joining the Stampotique challenge
Jools x

Nadine said...

Hi

wow, love it.
Thank you for joining the Stampotique challenge :)

Hugs Nadine

Tera Callihan said...

Great CAS design! I especially love the leafy background and inner card!!!!
Thank you for joining the Stampotique Originals challenge

Lucille K said...

Very pretty background and card. Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Divas :)

Gems Inky antics said...

Very pretty CAS card. I love the background!
Thanks for joining in the Stampotique Challenge x

Brandi said...

Love the softness of this card, so very pretty. I need to get this stamp. I love it! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Sternenglanz said...

your card is beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge.

Sternenglanz / Manuela x

Cat Nowak said...

What a gorgeous card! I love that you chose the sage as the color to stamp the foliage as it is so soft! Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

Amy Pitts said...

Your card is so pretty. Good job on the random stamping it looks great. Thank you for playing along with us at H2H.

Alyson Mayo said...

Sage is probably one of my least used colours - until now that I have seen your card. You never fail to inspire me with your artwork - always clean and crisp. Love everything about this. It's neat that a random stamping class was your inspiration to begin your stamping journey. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart - it's SO good to see you back again :)

Katy said...

Random stamping is something I used to do all the time, when I first became a CTMH Consultant...haven't done it in a while but LOVE what you did with this card...inspires me to break out my stamps and do some stamping! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Nadine said...

wow, love it.
Thank you for joining the Stampotique challenge :)

Hugs Nadine