Sunday, April 28, 2013

I Cherish God's Creation

Today it's finally sunny outside, a good day to enjoy God's creation. My husband and I like to visit national parks and photograph the amazing landscapes, wild flowers, and awesome trees. Seeing wildlife in their natural environment never ceases to amaze us. We even photographed a bear the last time we visited Yellowstone. Everywhere we go, we're serenaded by birds. That's why I chose a bird for this card. It seems they're always praising God in every outdoor cathedral He created. I was inspired by the challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge #151 to show something of God's creation and Scripture/spiritual quote. I used Sketch 5 from the Viva La Verve April challenge:




The Verve design has three banners coming down from the ribbon element. I decided to use silk flowers that were still on the stem to represent more of God's creation. I added a CTMH black sparkle inside each one, like the three on the right side. I chose the black foliage paper from Graphic 45's "Botanicabella" and the green floral from some long retired Close To My Heart paper that I purchased in bulk. I placed the light green and red circles in the Sizzix embossing so that the pattern would match when they were placed on the card. The lovely bird image from "You Will Find Refuge" from Our Daily Bread Designs was colored with copics, fussy cut, and paired with a sentiment from the same set. He also has a very tiny light gray sparkle on his eye.

May God bless and astound you each time you go out to enjoy His creation!

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Catered Crop - Embossing
Crafty Ribbon #44 - anything goes with ribbon
Dream Valley Challenges #55 - Things with Wings
Going Grey with Scrap Creations Challenge - Insects or Animals
Our Daily Bread Designs SLC #151 - Cherish God's Creation
Paper Crafting Journey - Use a sentiment
Pumpkin Spice #17 - Nature
Sweet Stamps #114 - Use 3 of any item
Viva La Verve April 2013 - sketch 5
Word Art Wednesday #77 - anything goes with Scripture or uplifting verse

6 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Vickie: This is just gorgeous. I hope you will consider sharing it at WAW. We always enjoy seeing your sweet cards and projects shared with us. It really is just SO sweet, and I hope you're having fun and being blessed as you create so beautifully with God's Word.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Missy said...

Very pretty card, I really like the color combo! Thanks for joining our SPS challenge this week!!

Lucy Patrick said...

Love your card and the sentiment - Good luck tonight at Paper Crafting Journey when they draw the winner and thanks so much for joining in the challenge. XOX Lucy

Susie said...

A beautiful card! Thanks for joining our Things with Wings chellenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

melsanford said...

Very sweet card - beautiful! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

cebelica said...

Very beautiful card. That little birdie is adorable. Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx