Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Clear Dollar Stamps - April New Release - Scrapbook Layouts

This is my second post today sharing what I made with some of the newly released digi stamps that you'll see on the Clearly iStamp blog today. You'll also be able to find them at the Clear Dollar Stamps store.

I had taken several pictures of my son and youngest grandson when he was in his "Thomas" train phase. I finally brought them out of the computer to scrapbook when I saw this adorable paper and images in the set called "Choo Choo."



The second page shows the railroad tracks I made on the red cardstock by embossing lines on the back side of the paper to resemble tracks. More details are listed in the recipe.

Images - CDS digi "ChooChoo"
Papers - CDS "ChooChoo" digital papers; CTMH Cranberry, Star Spangled Blue, Colonial White, Outdoor Denim cardstocks; WE R Memory Keepers red alpha paper
Ink - CTMH Outdoor Denim
Accents - CTMH Licorice Pearls (on train wheels); dark blue ribbon from stash
Tools - printer, Cricut "Art Philosophy" for 8.5" circle, Martha Stewart scoring board and bone knife, Stampin' Up ticket corner punch
Techniques - 1) Dotted paper was copied and pasted onto new document 8.5 x 11" for a longer piece. 2) One small 3-car train on the paper was copied and pasted into a new document then enlarged to make embellishment. 3) Used direct to paper inking on red and blue cardstock (using circular motions); 4)Scored train track on red cardstock by scoring two lines .5" apart to represent rails, then turned paper 90 degrees and scored small lines crossing over them every .25." Paper was turned over and sanded. 5)Lines were scored .5" from edges of backing cardstock and sanded also.


My son and his wife are also planning on moving in a few months, so I've started a layout that can show each of the places where my grandson has lived. One of the house images looks almost exactly like the house they have now, so I included it on the layout. I did lighten the color a little and flip it horizontally to look like their house.The hearts also come from that set.  When I was ready to mat their photo I chose to print one of the purple swirly papers from the same new release I used on my other post, Backgrounds2.

Images - CDS digi "Home Is Where The Heart Is"
Paper - CDS digi "Backgrounds2" (lilac photo mat); Basic Grey "Sugar Rush;" Close To My Heart White Daisy Cardstock
Copic Marker: BV04 "Blue Berry" to recolor title
Accents - CTMH Pearl Opaques, Pearl flourishes, Pearl Badge Buttons; white grosgrain ribbon from stash
Tools - printer, 2.5" circle punch (for corners), extra large corner rounder

I'm sharing these layouts with the following challenges:
Lasting Memories Scrapbook Challenge #135- Use Your Stash (my ancient blue/white dotted grosgrain ribbon  and blue background paper on the train layout, my BG Sugar Rush on the Home layout)
Eureka Stamps #35 - For the Boys (train layout)
Love to Create #61 - For the Guys (train layout)
Hotshot Crafts - Anything But a Card
Raise the Bar #139 - use Key/Door/House



 

9 comments:

Michele said...

WOW!! These both are OUTSTANDING layouts! I love them both for wonderfully different reasons. How lucky we are that you shared them with us at Lasting Memories this week! Thank so much!
Michele
LMDT

pprcrafts said...

Aw! Such a cute layout!! Love your pages!! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!!

Mei
LTC DT
Creative Card Crew DT
Crazy Challenge DT

Unknown said...

LOVE your adorable pages!!

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

TantiK Creation said...

Wow, both layouts are amazing. Thank you for sharing them at Lasting Memories.
Tanti :)

ClaireR said...

Congrats on being featured at Lasting Memories. These are amazing LOs. Love the corner detail on the 2nd one. Thank you for sharing them at lasting memories, cant wait to see what you create next.
TFS!
ClaireR -LMDT

~*Joni said...

Oh gorgeous scrapbook pages! What beautiful layouts, and I love how you used an actual image of a home for our challenge! Wonderful job, thank you so much for joining in on our Lock The Door challenge over at Raise The Bar!
~*Joni RTB DT

Unknown said...

Fabulous pages! I agree with Claire, I love the detail in the corner on the second layout! Just fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.
Blessings,
Kim xXx LMDT

Haven_mom4 said...

Great layouts all around. Thanks for joining us at lasting memories

Jennasa~findtimetocreate said...

What great layouts. Love the digi stamps and how you embossed train tracks.

You are very creative!!