Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Perfect Sentiments Challenge #74 - Sweet Treats

Last week I had three birthday celebrations. I was actually supposed to go to a fourth one for a grandson until I got a bad migraine. I heard that 17 kids came to the skating party in a very crowded skating rink-definitely migraine atmosphere. My daughter was surprised because many of the kids weren't invited - the party was spread among kids on his baseball team. Obviously, birthdays are big events for kids! What warmed my heart the most was that my grandson asked after the party where I was. He missed me! That's really sweet for a shy seven-year old boy who was just overwhelmed by lots of friends. It didn't matter to him that I'd come down on his actual birthday to do things with him and to bring his gift. I made this card with his sweetness in mind.

Our challenge at The Perfect Sentiment this week is:

CREATE A CARD FOR THE OCCASION OF YOUR CHOICE USING SOMETHING SWEET...CUPCAKES, CANDY, ICECREAM, ETC. DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR SENTIMENT ON THE FRONT.

Our sponsor is Meljen's Designs who will have 4 free digis for one lucky winner.


I used one of Meljen's Designs birthday images that is just too cute! I thought this image was perfect for little boys with that mouse coming out of the cake! My color combination also had my grandsons in mind. The Close To My Heart sentiment that I used was perfect for our Sweet Treats challenge.


I placed Bitty Blue green sparkles on the dots that were on the digi image. Stars cut from silver glitter paper finished the sparkly effect.

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
City Crafter #154 - Happy Birthday!
Digital Tuesday Challenge #205 - for Boys (using a digi)
Dream Valley #54 - Happy Birthday
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT - A card for a child or teen
Love to Scrap #2 - Recipe: 3 or more layers (5), 2 patterned papers (dots and stripes), 1 image
My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #94 - Cute Critters
One Stop Craft #223 - Birthdays
Stamp with Fun #206 - Birthdays
The Crafting Café - Let's Celebrate
Totally Gorjuss #178 - Anything goes with Sparkle




 

22 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Really sweet card, love the colours & the sparkly stars!
Hugs Shell xx

Laura said...

This is a wonderful grandson birthday card Vickie! I love the color combo and layout. Your coloring is beautiful!

Laura C.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Super card, cute image, thanks for sharing at CCCB birthday week!

perfectly4med said...

Gorgeous card, great colour matching and combos.

Thanks for joining us at The Crafting Cafe Challenge and good luck!

Neil

Cherished said...

Beautiful Card. Thanks for joining us at Loves to scrap.

Nadja said...

Nice card! Thanks for joinig us at Stamp with fun.
Hugs,
Nadja

Dawn said...

I love your card!
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe in our Let's Celebrate challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Julie said...

I love this image and you've matched the colours so perfectly to the papers. Thank you for joining in with my challenge at LCI, Happy crafting, Julie.x

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Too cute!! What a fun birthday card!! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap!

Michelle McClure said...

What a fun and festive card! Hope you are feeling better today. Thanks for sharing your work with us at Love to Scrap! challenge blog.

Ros Crawford said...

Terrific birthday card ... beautifully done ... Many thanks for playing along at CCCB!

Dewi Lestari said...

This is amazing! Thanks for joining at One Stop Craft Challenge: Birthdays
Hugs
Dewi

Gwen said...

This is so cute! Love the image and the coloring is wonderful, love the sparkle! Thanks for joining us at My Craft spot.

Anonymous said...

Awesome card!! I love the design and the papers greaT!!!Thanks so much for sharing in our Birthday celebration this week at CCCB :-)

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Very cute Birthday Card. Thanks for playing at Love to Scrap!!!

Sherrie K. said...

Such a darling image! I LOVE the fun polka dot paper along with the striped! So fun:) Great design:)
Thanks for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

Fabulous card. Love the cute image and your amazing coloring. Great paper choices.

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Sweet card, and love the comment from you grandson, how wonderful he missed you :)
Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.

AppleApricot Wen said...

Happy pretty card Vickie! I love the way you put the threads on the right. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CCCB! Hugs, Wendy

Unknown said...

Such a cute card. And what a cute image. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

Kate said...

Adorable card! Your image is so sweet! I love the way you added twine too! The two colours are fabulous together!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Claire said...

A fab card, I really like the colour combo and the addition of twine down the side! Thanks for playing along at The Crafting Cafe this month! Claire x