Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Perfect Sentiments Challenge #75 - Coral Orange, Aqua Blue, and Latte

I always think color challenges are fun. This week at The Perfect Sentiment we are challenged to
CREATE A CARD FOR THE OCCASION OF YOUR CHOICE USING THE COLORS LISTED BELOW.  DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE A SENTIMENT ON THE FRONT. Please check with the Perfect Sentiments Challenge Blog for information on the prize.

I see this color combination in nearly every store where I shop. Jennipher listed them as Coral Orange, Aqua Blue, and Latte:

 
 
 
One of my friends at church lost her sister this week so I made this card for her using a sentiment from Our Daily Bread Designs, "With Heartfelt Sympathy."
 
I  used this sketch from Viva La Verve April Week 1:
 
 
 
 
I  used an older Juniper patterned paper from Close To My Heart. The front side of the paper is in the background and the back side of the paper made the banner. I cut and embossed the CTMH Sorbet cardstock using Spellbinders Nestabilities Lacey Circles and a medium polka dot embossing folder. The die cut that I stamped was from a set of shapes I had forgotten about, an "ancient" CTMH page of punch-out die cuts before the age of the Cricut. It was inked with Sorbet ink just like the  Bazzill "Peanut" cardstock which was embossed with the Cuttlebug "Poppy" embossing folder. I actually used the debossed side, which seemed interesting at the time. Simple embellishements seemed appropriate for a sympathy card, so I tied a sorbet ribbon on top and added two Petaloo flowers with pearls.
 
Please consider joining this lovely color challenge. I can't wait to see what you create!
 
I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Alota Rubber Stamps - ribbon or lace plus a round element
Blogger's Challenge - Emboss Me
Card Crafter's Circle - Die Cuts and/or Embossing
Card Mania #18 - die cuts and punches
Craft-room Challenge - So Sentimental, clearly showing the text/sentiment
Cuttlebug Mania - Sentiments only (+ Spellbinder's Lacey Circles die and Cuttlebug "Poppy" and The Paper Studio "Medium Dots" embossing folders)
LEJ Designs - Emboss It
Lexi's Creations - Lace or Ribbon (sorbet polka dotted ribbon to match the sorbet polka dotted circle)
Love to Scrap #4 - Cut it out (die cut lacey circle)
Pile It On #15 - Embossing
Viva La Verve - Week 1 April 2013 Sketch
 


18 comments:

Sara S. said...

This is a lovely card. Sympathy cards are such a hard thing to make. Thanks so much for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle this week!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card, love the sentiment as the focus point as it highlights your heartfelt support for the recipient(s). Great embossing! Thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation, love those papers & embossing!
Hugs Shell xx

Zoechaos said...

Terrific card filled with texture and layers. thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Anne Fenton said...

Beautiful card ...thak you for joining us at TTCRD this week.

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful card Vickie!

Miss Emerald said...

Beautiful card! I love colours. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

Mervi said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful card at Craft-Room's " So Sentimental" Challenge, welcome again;-))m

Tina Theis of Ivory Moon Designs said...

Beautiful card ... I love the colours you have used and the embossing is gorgeous ... great layout xx

Thanks for joining us over at LEJ DESIGNS Challenge

Good luck

Tina (Design team)

Cherished said...

Wonderful Card! Thanks for joining us at Loves to Scrap.

Glenda Atkins said...

Hi, I am back again this time to thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our 'lace and/or ribbon' challenge. Love your card!

Deneen said...

What a beautiful card, I love the sketch you used, and the embossed background. Thanks for joining the Sentiments Only challenge at Cuttlebug Mania.

Margaret said...

So lovely. You turned the sketch into a work of art!

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you for entering our current challenge 'Emboss it'over on the LEJ Designs Challenge Blog.
This is beautiful. The colour combination is gorgeous and I love the layout with the different shapes. The deep crisp embossing looks gorgeous and how you have inked it up. Such a beautiful card... Love it.
I hope you will join us for more of our weekly challenges...always great prizes up for grabs.

Hugs Lisa xxxxx LEJ DT Member

Jannie said...

Love your sketch and the colors you have used, TFS and thank you for getting me inspired! I love this type of card with sentiment, I think I will used this one some day!!

Thank you só much for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie

Kerry said...

I love the layout and it's perfect for our Sentiments Only challenge. Thank you for joining in at Cuttlebug Mania this week.

hazel said...

This is such a beautiful card, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft Room challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Cathy's Obsessions Still said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for playing with us at Loves To Scrap!!