Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Vintage Angel Christmas Cards

On Sunday, I saw the challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ to make a card that had angels. This has been on my mind all week. When I saw the challenge at Little Red Wagon to make a vintage card, the two were wed, along with the beautiful color palette at Color Throwdown today.


My three angel stamps are either much too big, much too small, or lost. So I found fabulous FREE vintage angel files with a simple Google search. The one I selected for this card is from Angel-Guide in their section on Victorian angels. I knew this would work perfectly with my title and verse stamps from Close To My Heart.




My card is 6.5" x 5.25."  I must give credit to Viva La Verve for the design that I flipped horizontally from November's challenge. The background paper is a vineyard berry pattern from CTMH "Sweet Home"  (retired). The doily is from Little Yellow Bicycle. The olive patterned paper is from the Paper Studio pack "Faith." The sentiment on the strip reads: " May peace and happiness be yours . . ." inside it says, " throughout this sacred season." That comes from a CTMH stamp set called Festive Thoughts.  Under it inside I stamped a vintage looking Merry Christmas from "A Holiday."

I had looked for an angel that went with the title "Peace on Earth," which comes from a new CTMH stamp set called Glory to God. It includes this Bible verse that I stamped inside:

Glory to God in the
highest, and on earth peace,
good will toward men.
Luke 2:14

The angel in the vintage picture has the Latin for peace on earth written above her head. This is my hope for our world and my endeavor to make it happen in my own little corner of this world. Once I started on this little project I haven't wanted to stop! I have a feeling there will be more angel cards to come!

5 comments:

Grace said...

Oh how beautiful!!! Your vintage image is so pretty and I love your layout and design!!! The ribbon is a perfect match! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Rosanne said...

Oh very pretty! Thanks for linking up to Little Red Wagon.

Joan Ervin said...

What a pretty vintage Christmas card...so many lovely details to look at!!! I love how you used the Color Throwdown colors....thanks for joining us!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

A lovely vintage style card and a great use of the throwdown colors! So glad you were able to play along with us and hope you join us again in January!

Broni said...

What a beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!