Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Clear Dollar Stamps New May Release

Today Clear Dollar Stamps released new digital stamp sets for May. I've had fun playing with two of them so far. The first one has both colored images or outlined images. It was designed by Lauri Wilson.




I live on a farm, but we rent out much of our pasture land. My only farming is my organic orchard. My husband works in the city, but spends a lot of time on the tractor mowing hay or conservation land in the summer. When he was young he used to compete in tractor pulls. This card was made with my hubby and his other tractor-loving friends in mind. It's so masculine that I'm entering it in the Lollipop Crafts Challenge #80 - Just For Him . With it's masculine twill ribbon, I'm also entering it in the masculine challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon.


I colored my image with a variety of brown and gray Copic markers, sometimes blending the two. It also comes with a "John Deere Green" colored image along with papers that match and a variety of sentiments.

Images: Clear Dollar Stamps digital "Got Tractor"
Papers: The Paper Studio "Farm Fresh;" Close To My Heart "Bliss" paper pack, Colonial White, Black cs
Ink: CTMH Chocolate
Markers: Copics Light Suntan E13, Dark Suntan E15, Copper E18, Sand E33, Chamois E35, Neutral Grays N4, N6, N8
Accents: CTMH twill ribbon, antique copper brads; Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Ten, 3" circle punch

The second one I used is called Lost in Space.



My second card was made with my many grandsons in mind. They seem to love outer space movies, so the humorous "Lost in Space" characters may be their favorites. (They made their valentines using monster stamps.)



The first image didn't show the glitter on the stars, planets, space ship, or alien so I used a flashlight to highlight those details in the second photo. Cool trick!


Images: CDS digital "Lost in Space"
Papers: Close To My Heart "Fanfare" and "Hooligans" paper packs, White Daisy, Black cs
Markers: Copics Wax White G20, Mint Green BG13
Accents: CTMH Sweet Leaf Ribbon, Milepost Shapes (stars); Sakura Gelly Roll glitter gel pen

You can see all of the new stamps at the Clear Dollar Stamps store. There's an Extreme Inventory Makeover Sale going on with great prices. Check out the blog at Clearly iStamp for more artwork illustrating the rest of the new images being released today for May.

Thanks for stopping by. May God bless you!

4 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Fabulous creations Vickie. Welcome to the team.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the team, Vickie! These are two fantastic cards. I'm sure your grandsons will especially love your alien cards -- how wonderful! :-)

scrap joanny said...

very sweet card and perfect for us challenge - thanks for playing with Lollipop Crafts - hugs Joanna

cherry said...

I just love love thaT TRACTOR and the colors you chose..thanks so much for entering over at rrr!