Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mother's Day Love

If you read my previous post, you would have read about the tornado warnings where my son lives. I just watched the evening news with lots of photos of the tornado near their house. How thankful I am again that no one was hurt and there was no damage. Olathe, Kansas, is a very populated area with so many homes and businesses. Both tornadoes stayed aloft, but they certainly looked ominous.

I have a few more Mother's Day cards to make, so I was glad to see the challenge at Paper Sundaes. This card uses the great sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, #33. I used the color scheme from The Play Date Cafe, Challenge #130. It worked really well with the My Mind's Eye "Love Me" paper collection.




I used an embossing folder that has diagonal lines like the plaid paper. I cut out two hearts from the paper and pop dotted them. The gray heart on the sentiment circle came from a gray doily pattern on the back of one of the papers. Ribbon and sparkles were simple embellishments, but maybe with the embossing, my card isn't quite so Clean and Simple. It certainly was simple to make and I know my oldest daughter will love it.

May God bless your cardmaking for the special women in your life.

Challenges:
Paper Sundaes Challenge #119 - Mother's Day
The Play Date Cafe Challenge #130 - pink, aqua, gray

6.5" x 5" Mother's Day Card Recipe:
Paper - My Mind's Eye "Love Me;" Close To My Heart Crystal Blue cardstock
Stamps - CTMH retired (sentiment)
Ink - CTMH Hollyhock
Other - Cuttlebug embossing folder, CTMH pink sparkles, Crystal Blue organdy (retired), Spellbinder's Nestabilities Heart Circles

6 comments:

Arlene said...

This is beautiful...great take on the sketch!

Rita W said...

Such a sweet card for Mother's Day. I love that plaid paper. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

You did an excellent job combining textures and patterns. Blessings!

Jen Timko said...

So pretty! Love that texture in the background! Glad you joined us this week at FMS (and glad your family is safe!).

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE the texture and the papers! Great job with these colors:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

sara said...

lovely card thanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
hugs sara x x