Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Isaiah 41:13 for Word Art Wednesday

I love this verse from Word Art Wednesday.  I believe God wants to comfort and encourage us no matter what types of trials we may encounter. There are so many Scriptures to remind us that He is with us to help and strengthen us if we'll only let Him. This verse today talks about fear, but I think there are many types of worries that we have that we personally wouldn't label as "fear." I just read this verse to my daughter as she was driving from work to pick up her boys and her mother-in-law, race home for a speedy supper, drive everyone to Christian's baseball game and hour early so she could set up the records to be the scorekeeper. She just started keeping the score and found out she has to attend to every detail of the game and rely on someone else to watch her own kids during the game. I reminded her that God will help her. She reminded me that she wasn't "afraid," to which I responded that she just needed to remember God will help her with the "busy-ness."



I used a pre-cut, shaped card to highlight this verse. I had printed it on Colonial White to go with the Florentine paper pack I planned to use, but then decided that I'd always wanted to try the creamy white color with the pure white. I embossed the card front, adhered a strip of patterned paper on the inside of the card, and stamped a pattern on the Twilight blue strip. The rest was pretty straight forward and simple.

4.25" x 5.5" Encouragement card recipe:
paper: Close To My Heart "Florentine" paper pack, white daisy card
Image: Word Art Wednesday
Stamp: Close To My Heart "Florentine Workshop" stamp set
Ink: CTMH Brown Bag, Twilight
Accents: Sizzix Tropical Paisley embossing folder; SU ticket corner punch; Close To My Heart Color Ready Seam Binding, Goldrush button, Juniper Waxy Flax

1 comment:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO pretty, Vickie. I love the pressure embossing plate you used. Thank you SO very much for playing along with us this week at Word Art Wednesdsay. Your art is always such a blessing and encouragement to me, and I cannot tell you how much it means to me to have you join us. I am SO grateful!
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday