Thursday, February 7, 2013

Ladybug Love

My youngest granddaughter loves all things with ladybugs. When I saw the cute ladybugs in the Clearly Digital Stamps set called "Animal Mania," I knew they were perfect for her Valentine. I also used the sentiment that came in that set. I used the colored set of images and sentiment. That digital set also includes outlines for you to color. I started the card to be Clean and Simple style, but I reverted to my old habits and kept adding more elements. Oh well, I know she'll like it CAS or not.


I debossed a frame around the sentiment, which left room for the ladybug couple and their three hearts that are part of their image, which were all pop dotted for more dimension. I gave them a ribbon with glittery hearts as their base, so they weren't floating in the air. I added some Close To My Heart bitty buds on the ribbon, too.

The challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks #128  inspired me to add some pink to my red color scheme, so I used some older Hollyhock gingham from Close To My Heart. To make the "o" in the word "Love," I traced the open heart on a piece of transparency that some stickers came on, cut it out, and retraced it on the back of the pink gingham paper.

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks #128 - Red and Pink
Charisma Cards #5 - Love theme
Crafty Ribbons #38 - Anything Goes with Ribbon
Cute Card Thursday #255 - Love Struck
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge #244 - Valentines

6.5" x 5" Valentine Recipe:
Digital Images - CDS Animal Mania
Paper - Close To My Heart White Daisy, Black cardstock, retired CTMH Hollyhock gingham B&T
Accents - Celebrate It holiday ribbon; CTMH Bitty Buds and Cranberry Baker's Twine
Tools - printer, pop dots, Cuttlebug embossing folder




 

8 comments:

Deb said...

So very cute, love the gingham!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Have a great weekend!
Debxx

pinky said...

What a lovely card, really cute. Thanks for sharing at Crafty Ribbons.
Pinky

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our Red & Pink Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

Cat's sCrap said...

What an adorable card ! I like the childish style. Funny ladybugs. Lovely embelishments. Bravo ! It's very successful !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Renate said...

This is so qute!! Love the debossed background!
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week! :)

Allison said...

such a sweet card
thanks for joining us at Charisma
AllisonX

Tamie said...

Awe this card is super adorable. who doesn't love a cute lady bug and you got two! the texture, sentiment, twine just add to your wonderful creation. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Lori Turner said...

Super cute card!! Thanks for joining us for our PINK/RED Challenge this week at 4 Crafty Chicks :)