Sunday, February 26, 2012

God Bless You Birthday Card

Here is the last Viva La Verve challenge card for the month of February. I wanted to use a floral branch of chipboard that reminds me that spring is on the way. The Little Red Wagon challenge to use chipboard this week really did the trick. I love adding dimension to cards. I wanted to do something different with this simple Verve sketch. I used more papers from Basic Grey's Boxer. There were three greens. So I added an aqua scalloped "circle 2" cut at 3" on Cricut Art Philosophy for contrast. Since the verse I'd chosen to use from Verve wouldn't take up much room on my three inch circle, I made my inner circle only two inches and planned to put the branch across the circle and the horizontal strip for cohesiveness. I tied a little natural jute around two stems of the branch as the simple finishing touch. Here's the simple sketch from Verve:



5" x 6.5" Card recipe:
Paper - Basic Grey "Boxer;" My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found" (aqua)
Stamp - Verve "Joy for the Journey"
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Other - Basic Grey "Curio" chipboard; Close To My Heart - Cricut Art Philosophy, jute

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Another great entry! Thanks for playing with us (twice) at LRW!