Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I will restore you to health . . . Jeremiah 30:17

This week Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge #98 was to make a card other than a square or rectangle. I'm so glad I tried another one of the shape cards on my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. This one was on the 2nd row, 4th card from the right. By cutting it at 6" my card is 5" wide, just right for the envelopes I use. I also cut the background paper with the same basic shape for the top and added a "Layer" of the same shape from Chocolate cardstock. Because my card is partly open so that it will stand up, it looks like the frame doesn't match, but it does. That's the inside showing,


The most important thing about this card is the beautiful verse, a promise to be restored either physically, mentally, or emotionally. God wants us to bless us. Some of us go through physical trials as we age, but the mental and emotional peace that He gives us more than compensates for that aging process. As the aches and pains of being a grandma increase, I look forward to the day when God will completely restore me with a glorified body. I hope this verse will bring comfort to someone else that needs it.

I used two stamps from the Our Daily Bread Design's Get Well set. I stamped the butterflies with a Vintage Photo ink and colored them with a CTMH Sorbet marker. I traced the swirls with two different Copic markers. The entire sentiment block was stippled with Old Paper. I stamped the butterflies a second time and cut them out after coloring. The largest butterfly was white with music, so I colored it with a light peach Copic and colored the edges with the Sorbet from CTMH. All of the butterflies were glued just in the middle with Liquid Glass so that they would add dimension. There's round circle punched out of each side of the frame, so I put a new Pewter Badge Button on each as embellishment. The ribbon is a creamy gold color that shimmers but doesn't show well in this photo. I've been hesitant to make many cards that weren't rectangular. This challenge helped me get my feet wet!  Thank you ladies!

6" x 5" Card Recipe:
Paper - Basic Grey "Scarlet's Letter;" CTMH Chocolate, Colonial White, Sorbet cardstock
Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs "Get Well"
Ink - Vintage Photo, Old Paper
Other - Copic markers; Close To My Heart Sorbet marker, Pewter Badge Buttons, Mocha Opaque Adhesive Gems, Liquid Glass, Creative Basics Mistletoe Ribbon (retired), Just Blooms -Flutter (largest butterfly)

3 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer!!! Stunning Vickie!! I just love the butterflies and your shape!! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

Rosemary said...

what a gorgeous card!! love the rich, warm colors you used!! thanks for joining the shining the light challenge this week!!

Cards By Jan said...

What a super card, I just love the verse, excellent shape and love your butterflies! thanks for joining us at ODBD shining the light challenge.. hugs