Saturday, February 18, 2012

CPS Day 14 Treasure Life

CPS (Card Positioning System) Card Sketches is celebrating their 5th Anniversary with a challenge to make card using the previous patterns they select over 15 days. This 14th Day uses Sketch #45. If the horizontal band had gone over the image I could have used a smaller stamp, but I placed the image over the band instead so that I could use one of my stamps that is long vertically. By adding two flower stamps next to the verse I made it wider, too.



The Garden Green background was embossed with Cuttlebug's Stylized Flowers folder. It's only 4" x 5.25" so I embossed two different pieces for my 6.5" x 5" card. Having the middle Goldrush band helped and I placed it on the embossing folder touching the bottom green piece, but most of the image covers it so you can't see the continuation of the design, but it's a good trick to use. The image is from a CTMH stamp called "Treasure Life." I used the rock and roll technique on the upper portion of the flowers. I inked them with Creme Brulee then rolled the edges in Goldrush. The patterned paper is from my new pack of Close To My Heart's "Florentine." It's my favorite piece in the pack. The CTMH Chocolate button is tied with two lengths of Papertrey Ink's thin fuzzy twine.

No comments: