Monday, October 8, 2012

Mojo Monday 262 Birthday Calendar cover

We just came back from a vacation in the Black Hills and I couldn't wait to start crafting after so many days "off!"  It's wonderful to see new places and take lots of photos, but it's also great to get back into a normal routine.

Today I'm giving you a teaser for a project that I won't post until October 16th. It's a Birthday & Anniversary Calendar that I will give as gifts and sell in two craft fairs. I used Mojo Monday's Sketch 262 to design the cover. I rotated the design and used a square instead of a rectangle.




I covered a 6" x 6" chipboard square with My Mind's Eye "Lost and Found - Sunshine" and used that paper pad throughout the calendar. The bright leafy print is from Basic Grey's "Indian Summer." I think the yellow ribbon is also Basic Grey, but it's been in my stash so long I'm not really sure.

I typed the words using Microsoft Word and printed them on 3.5 x 5" cardstock pieces in the photo tray. The Colonial White circle was punched using a 3" circle punch. The black die cut frame was cut using the Cricut Art Philosophy from Close To My Heart. I stacked the dark pink flower on a white one so it would stand out more against the leaf print of the same color.

I hope you'll come back on October 16th and see the rest of the calendar!

I'm sharing this project cover with the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion Challenge #31 - square
DYSU #92 - warm colors
Mojo Monday #262 sketch

 

5 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

super cute card!

enjoy *~*

WencheP said...

Beautiful and elegant. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Denise said...

Gorgeous creation.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Thrifty Finn said...

Gorgeous! I like the colours and fonts! Thanks for joining Craft Your Passion this week!

Cathy Dineen said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week! :)