Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Just Nutty - Doodle Pantry mid-September Release


Hard times know no season. Even on a beautiful day difficulties or tragedies raise their heads in the lives of so many. Bad news or incidents can change lives forever. There is one constant: God is still there to strengthen and lead. This is why I chose Laurie Wilson's fun image and serious sentiment. I wanted cards that would encourage with this gentle reminder:  God always provides a way when you're out on a limb. Despite the pun, I think I need dozens of these cards. Here are two with an autumn flavor. I was thinking of my wise 10- and 12-year-old grandsons as I made them.

 This is my second card:

This close-up is a better photo of the bitty brown sparkles and wooden acorn:



I wanted a woodland setting for my squirrel, so I used some retired CTMH "Twitterpated" designer paper and a woodgrain embossing folder. The sketch I used was from Mojo Monday #362 last week:



I sponged Sorbet ink on the edges of the paper.  I enlarged the branch and colored the leaves fall colors for the top embellishment. I added bitty brown sparkles like dewdrops on one card and bitty mocha pearls like berries or acorns on the other. The large acorn embellishment was a retired CTMH wooden shape that I colored with dye ink and a Copic marker. 

You can find Laurie Wilson's Just Nutty images and sentiments here. Check out the other new sets while you're there!



I'm sharing these cards with the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps #87 - For a man or boy
Come and Get It - Use a digi with an autumn theme
Creative Moments #51 - anything/fall colors
Jellypark Friends - about pets/animals
Milk Coffee Challenge - Colors of autumn
Robyn's Fetish #229 - Use an embossing folder
Simply Create Too #70 - Fall/autumn
The Male Room #18 - Autumn/fall
Word Art Wednesday #149 - anything uplifting



12 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Cute Vickie. I love that squirrel.

Joanna M. said...

CUTE!! The image is perfect and so is the sentiment!

* Shell B.* said...

Awwww so cute! Great sentiment & design!
Glad that you could share with us for the challenge at Come And Get It…..hope to see you back soon!

¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

Rita Edwards - Edwards Design said...

What a lovely card you've created and so nice to see your color match our "colors of Autumn" challenge. What a cute squirrel! Thank you for joining us at Milk N Coffee! Hugs, Rita DT

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous card! The image is great fun and I like the sentiment too. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!!

inkydoodlecrafts said...

What a super cute image, love it. Thank you for sharing it with us over at Jellypark Friends. Mel :o)

Sammy said...

So very adorable! I just adore that image! Thank you for playing along at Milk Coffee this challenge. Sammy-x

Pat (mspfd) said...

So darn cute! Love the monochromatic color tones.

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Vickie: So very cute autumn card! Thank you for joining in the fun at Simply Create Too's "Fall Challenge #70.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Marja B. said...

Pretty cards, so cute! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simply Create Too!

Hugs, Marja
Simply Create Too DT

Karin said...

Beautiful card! Love the cute image.
Thanks for joining us at ATSC. Hugs Karin

Debbie Adams said...

Vickie, this is just to cute! Love it, thanks for the smile this morning. :D
hugs, xxxx