Monday, September 28, 2015

Use It Up! - Mojo 417 Tinkerin' Card

I was inspired by the current and previous sketches from Mojo Monday and used the Tinkerin' paper I was trying to use up today. The first one I interpreted the gear circles as flower circles instead. I used this week's Mojo Monday 417 sketch:








I chose the Verve sentiment, a Scripture for a friend I've been praying for. She was nursing her husband who had a serious emergency surgery when her mother also became sick, then passed away. The verse says:
Be strong and take heart all you who HOPE in the Lord. Psalm 31:24.


I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Come and Get It - Clear it Out - use an old stash item (2009 Tinkerin' background paper and white daisies (9 years old-why do I save things so long??)
Eclectic Ellapu September Challenge - Purple team - use something in stash 6 mo. old or more (6+ years)
Mojo Monday #417 - sketch
Word Art Wednesday #202 - anything uplifting

Here's the other card I made using the front side of the paper showing the circle gears. I used last week's Mojo Monday sketch which was perfect for gears. I was inspired yesterday by the challenge at Addicted to CAS to make a card with the word DREAMS. My card isn't CAS so I didn't share it in their challenge, but I have a grandson who was in Robotics and two that should become architects or engineers, so I thought gears and robots would go along with the idea of them following their dreams.

 
 I used the shiny side of the Cranberry, Sunset, Canary, and Slate Paper Fundamentals. They have a shiny pattern that doesn't show up unless the light reveals it. Here's a close-up turned toward the light: 

It's a little distracting in this photo, but compare it to the photo above it and maybe you get the idea. All of these shiny papers are the retired patterns. CTMH released some new patterns this year. The sentiment stamp is retired from National Stamping Month set several years ago. The inside, which I forgot to photograph while it was still light,  has a message for one of my grandsons:
"for as you dream you shall become."

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Daring Cardmakers - Creative Kids (for my grandson)

For more ideas using up the Tinkerin' paper see these two posts:





4 comments:

Kathy said...

Your second card is just perfect for Zuzana's "Creative Kids" challenge!
Thanks for joining us at The Daring Cardmakers this week

Anonymous said...

Stunning love them. Thanks for joining in over at eclectic Ellapu x

Dawn said...

Great robot card. The colours are bright and lovely. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Come and get It this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT