Monday, September 28, 2015

Use It Up - Tinkerin' Card and Birthday Layout

My dear hubby has been remodeling our house for months ever since he retired. His biggest project has been building a craft/family room. The last two weeks he removed all of our kitchen cabinets to repaint and put in that room. I"m thrilled it will give me lots of stamp and paper storage. It's been difficult having my kitchen packed in boxes while he put in new cabinets. In the meantime, I'm slowly moving paper, stamps, and tools to a huge storage room he built on one side of the craft/family room. So I'm rediscovering tons of materials that have been buried in drawers and boxes. There is WAY TOO MUCH, especially of the ancient sort!

This weekend I decided to make layouts and cards using a CTMH Summer 2009 paper pack called Tinkerin' because it has great colors for grandsons.The paper on the bottom is from Tinkerin' and the top yellow stripe is another old one I can't remember. The green striped paper is recently retired CTMH Adventure collection of Paper Fundamentals. The stamp set and green shimmer trim are new. I added bitty tan and blue sparkles on each of the bigger heart "bubbles." My hubby is a retired chemist so I plan to surprise him with this card:



Here's the sketch from Sketch Saturday that I used to make this card:



I'm sharing this layout with the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks #265 - Sparkle & Shine
Come and Get It - Clear It Out, use stash item (yellow striped and blue circle gear papers circa 2009)
Eclectic Ellapu September Challenge, Purple Team - use something from stash more than 6 months old (How about 6 year old paper pack?!)
Sketch Saturday #380 - card sketch

The only fairly new paper I used on this layout is the Pacifica Blue Paper Fundamentals with the shiny side showing.
I'm sharing this layout with the fun challenge at:
Scrappy Hands #48 - Letters - on layout

1 comment:

Grenouille Greetings said...

A delightful layout (lovely photos) and a super fun card. I love these potion flasks and your little sparkles with these fun papers. It's a real pleasure to have you play along with us at Sketch Saturday this week. Hugs, Lesley