Tuesday, February 28, 2017

A Tea-rrific Teaser

Everyone close to me knows I drink my morning teas in a very large cup!  I learned to drink milk in my tea the English way when I was nine years old at a mother-daughter missions banquet at church. If it wouldn't keep me awake, I'd probably be drinking it all through the day! My tea time came in handy when my hubby and I had a friend from England's Lake District who would visit nearly every year. We both drank tea with milk! One of my friends has a son working in Great Britain so when she went to visit she brought me three tins of English tea. She deserves to have the card I made today! She's a tea-rrific friend!

When I saw today's challenge at Try It On Tuesday, Time for Tea, I knew I needed to share this card which introduces a new stamp set that becomes available tomorrow as the Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month. I invite you to come back and see my four cards that are part of the blog hop that starts late Wednesday evening.


 I grabbed some retired papers (CTMH Zoe) and Petaloo flowers to make this card. The blue Glacier paper was embossed with CTMH Dots and lined on each side with white glitter paper. The doily has a 2.25" circle of Glacier colored hounds tooth plaid. I stamped the cup and the sentiment with Slate then sponged the edges of the cup with Sorbet after it was cut out. One of my favorite finishing touches is the shiny Blush Shimmer Ribbon. The butterfly and flowers are in memory of the times I've had tea on my patio by the garden!

Thanks for visiting! I hope you'll come back Wednesday night or Thursday morning to enjoy everyone's cards using this Tea-rrific stamp set. May God bless your crafting and the recipients of your lovely work!

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:

Ooh la la Creations #223 - embossing wet or dry
Ribbon Girls - any image, include ribbon
Try It On Tuesday - Time for Tea
Tuesday Throwdown #332 - Things with Wings

9 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

A beautiful card! Thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday!

SewPaperPaint said...

I simply adore this! What a gorgeous spring palette and beautiful layout! Hugs, Autumn

meg said...

Beautiful colours and design, thank you for joining in the challenge at Ooh-la-la.

Gina's Cards said...

Such a fabulous card, I love the sentiment! Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
https://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

zandra said...


such a sweet card and a great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
Hugz, Z

Margik said...

A really lovely card! Love the beautiful design! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday.
Mar x

Deloris said...

What a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La!

julie_woolston said...

Thank you for joining us at OLLCB with you beautiful card,lovely embossing.
Hugs Julie xxx

Andrea W said...

The colors you used are delightful and I love all the pretty details. So glad you shared your creation at Tuesday Throwdown.