Sunday, February 5, 2017

Card for Encouragement and Faith

Time Out challenge this week has a beautiful quote that connects to the sentiment that I chose for this card of encouragement.

'Friends are connected heart to heart, distance and time can't break them apart'


I have some friends who are always on my mind and in my prayers. Sometimes we are connected as sisters in Christ, other times by similar interests or needs. Here's the first one I made using  my old Basic Grey "Oh, Baby Girl" papers.


I stamped the flowers using a 2008 CTMH stamp, "With Love." I admit, I don't throw out paper, stamps, or embellishments. (My only hope is that I can use most of them in this lifetime then let my friends take all that they want!) Buttons are another one of my hoarded items. I was happy to add them to the large centers of the flowers thanks to the Southern Girls challenge.

I'm sorry I couldn't get my camera to focus on the words because of so much white space. I used the top strip to focus, but it didn't help the words, which are the important message: "The Lord will see you through this tough time!" Both sentiments are from the Our Daily Bread Designs Stamp set "Faith Card Sentiments." I surrounded it with a circle shape from Cricut Flower Market.




Crafting When We Can Challenge #137 - flowers
Southern Girls Challenge-retro challenge - smash that stash - buttons and/or brads
Time Out Challenge #76 - Inspired by words
Word Art Wednesday #268-269 - anything family friendly

4 comments:

Gina said...

Utterly beautiful card and sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us at CWWC :) XXX

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Gorgeous papers, wonderful sentiments. The softness of the colors is soothing and comfortimg. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out Challenges.

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The CWWC Challenge.

Lynn said...

Love how the scrolled circle brings your eye to the sentiment. Fabulous!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!