Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Love Ya card

Have you read the Path of Positivity's post this week? I was deeply moved to see how the writer saw the many ways her hubby expressed love without even speaking the words. I usually write my own long notes inside cards that I give others. After Valentine's Day I decided it's OK to keep making cards to let others know how much I appreciate and love them.  Today I've been playing with retired papers. Seeing the growing collection always reminds me that I need to make a lot more cards, gifts, and layouts if I'm to whittle down the collections before I die!! I made these cards using CTMH Sweetheart papers (and very old stamps that I also love to horde) for the challenge at Heart to Heart, "Falling in Love."

I heat embossed the sentiment using Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder. I love the XOXO ribbon but never know how to keep it "upright" after tying. If you have a trick, let me know!


While I had the measurements in mind, I decided to make another one. This one is similar with a different paper from the same pack and a different stamp set. I'm writing a message in this one for hubby!


You can see the similarities and differences in this photo.

Thanks for visiting.

I'm sharing this first card with the following challenges:
A Snowflake's Promise #37 - winter theme/Valentine option
Heart 2 Heart  challenge - Falling in Love
Path of Positivity #46 - Expressions of Love


3 comments:

Pippa said...

Lovely cards and just right for our theme at Path of Positivity. Thank you for sharing with us. Pippa PoP DT

Helen said...

So glad to hear you were inspired by our challenge. You've made a beautiful and very striking card.

Thanks for joining us at the Path of Positivity Challenge.

Helen x

Brandi said...

I love it! I love the XO ribbon, it ties in so perfectly! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Brandi R.
H2H DT member
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca