Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy Mother's Day for Cards n Things Sketch

I thought I'd try some new Kraft cardstock from My Mind's Eye using the Cards & Things Challenge #115 sketch. Creative Card Crew challenge #8 was to use Kraft cardstock. This sketch provided a quick card that I'll include with the ones I send to Send A Smile 4 Kids to give kids in the hospital so that they can give one to their moms on Mother's Day. If you're interested in this opportunity, you can find details on their blog.



The papers are from My Minds Eye and K & Co. Both of them have similar grid patterns that remind me of sewing or quilting. That homespun quality is what led me to use Kraft for the sentiment. I used brown buttons from CTMH tied with Twilight waxy flax and a heart button tied with twine from Papertrey Ink. I'm entering this card in the buttons challenge #132 at Crazy 4 Challenges.


The sentiment is from a set of May words that are now retired from CTMH. I finished it with a more feminine blue satin ribbon. It's much darker in real life. The photo lighting sort of bleached its appearance.

I hope you'll consider sending a card or a few cards to help the children in the hospital. And may God bless you in your own card-making!

2 comments:

Erna Logtenberg said...

lovely card! Thanks for playing at C&T!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This gives you the homely feeling. Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew this week and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx