Saturday, April 28, 2012

You Blow Me Away

Cards and Things Challenge #117 has this sketch that I thought would be great with my "fish" stamps. I'm assembling a box of cards for the children's hospital and wanted to include some from this set. Here's their lovely sketch:


I made mine rectangular to fit the preferred dimensions requested by Send a Smile 4 Kids. I embossed the juniper rectangle  with swirls resembling ocean waves before I cut it into 4 parts. I'm showing the "debossed side." I used three different greenish blue cardstocks, including the Dotty for You. The fish was colored with a blender pen and three colors of ink. Five clear buttons were attached with Liquid Glass to continue the look of bubbles in the water. The stamped waves took the place of the ribbon since the sentiment is part of the fish image.


Challenge:

5.5" x 4.25" Kids Card Recipe:
Paper - Close To My Heart "Dotty for You," Juniper, White Daisy, Outdoor Denim cardstock
Stamps - CTMH Under the Sea
Ink - CTMH Lagoon, Sunflower, Sorbet, Sunset; Memento Tuxedo Black
Other - Cuttlebug swirls embossing folder, CTMH clear buttons


No comments: